Chapter Nine

-------------------------------

"It's difficult to appreciate the values of others when your own self assessment is over-valued." - Mary J.

Dedication: Wickedangel

Recap:

Take that, for bringing that girl over last night.

He groaned, the sound echoing through the house. My laughter was uncontrollable. He slowly sat up, looking extremely unimpressed.

"You're going to regret doing that."

"Yeah? Bite me."

With that, I strode up the stairs, a proud smirk planted on my lips.

----------------------

I was having a bad day.

Xavier had decided not to do a prank, you could say, in pay back for what I did. But he did react. He has decided to be lazy. Go out of his way to be unhelpful, annoying and lazy. He has decided to not do the dishes, do any cleaning and not even flush the toilet. Yeah, it's gross.

So, that's what I have been dealing with, the past 72 hours. Although that has definitely triggered my bad mood, it is not the sole reason for it. That would be an entirely different person.

Jacob.

After that stupid, idiotic, drunken mistake on my behalf at Xavier's (technically mine as well) party, it seems to have given him the impression that we're okay to be on speaking terms again. He seems to think he has been given a second chance with me.

He could not be more wrong.

He drove me home the other day, yeah, big deal? Doesn't mean we're going to be best buddies now.

He had been trying to talk to me a lot, but it isn't anything I can't handle. But it was when he decided to sit next to me in class, was when my mood moved from annoyed to pissed off. This was getting more frustrating by the second. Was he really that blind in realising that I don't want anything to do with him?

"Hey Faith," he smiled, bumping elbows with me.

I death stared him in return. His smile didn't waver. I glared at the board the teaching was scribbling notes on, attempting to ignore the stares of my former classmates. They were all confused. They knew we had broken up and most now knew that I was living with Xavier. Having Jacob sit with me, for the first time in months, would look pretty weird to them. Hell, it's weird for me too.

"How ya' goin?"

"Jacob, what are you doing?" I snapped, my voice a little louder than I intended it to be. Mr O'Reily, turned his owl-like eyes to me. I lowered my gaze. Once he had turned back to what he was doing, I swivelled my eyes to Jacob, expecting an answer.

"Taking notes, what about you?"

"Stop being dumb," I hissed, hitting his hand, knocking the pen from his fingers. "Why are you suddenly doing this? I don't want anything to do with you."

"You see," he said, smiling a little too widely. "That's what I thought as well, until you kissed me."

I groaned loudly. Eyes turned to me and Mr O'Reily sighed. "Is there a problem, Faith?"

"No," I scowled, my teeth grinding.

He frowned at me, before attempting, yet again, to write notes on the board.

"I was drunk, you moron."

"Still a kiss, nonetheless!" he hissed back, looking eager. "You don't have to pretend you don't still like me anymore, I want to be together as well!"