Chapter Forty Three

--------------------

Dedication: Belowsealevel for the amaaaazing banner! It's so gorgeous! <3

Recap:

He nodded.

"Okay, I will meet you here at 9am. Wear nice clothes. Do you have nice clothes?"

"Er-"

"Meet me at my house. You can wear something of Xavier's."

"Okay," he nodded. "Thank you."

I began to walk away, when he called out to me again. I looked back. His face was soft, his eyes moist as he stared at me. My heart clenched in my chest at his expression.

"I'm sorry for everything I've done to you and Xavier."

--------------------

"What are you still doing here?"

"Hmm?" Xavier replied as he was lazily sprawled on my bed with his forearm resting over his eyes.

I took a moment to walk my eyes over his body. He was wearing a loose pair of soccer shorts and had no shirt on. His muscles looked delicious as they were slightly tensed. The scars on his chest were light and faded, but still noticeable. I think they made him look rugged and even sexier.

"You'll be late for school," I said, wrapping my hair up into a towel, to make it dry faster.

"I'm not going."

"Why?"

"Everyone will just be setting up for-" he stopped talking abruptly and I narrowed my eyes, studying his face. He cleared his throat uneasily. Today was the day of the formal, our school dance, the one I'm not allowed to attend but everyone else is and we have not discussed it. At all. And it was obvious. I still didn't even know if he was going or if he wanted to go.

"For?" I probed.

"I thought I would help you with Chase. He's my brother after all, he shouldn't be forcing you to help him. He should have come to me."

I rolled my eyes. Good change of subject, Xavier.

"No one's forcing me to do anything and besides, most situations between you and your brother end up in a fist fight, so yeah, I get why he felt like he had to come to me over you."

"I hate when you go all smart and stuff on me."

"I am smarter than you." I smirked.

"Pfft."

I glanced down at the watch Xavier bought me. "He should be here soon. I'm going to work on his resume with him and if you'd like to help, you can pick a nice outfit from your wardrobe."

"My wardrobe?" he asked, removing his arm from his face.

"You have nice clothes, he doesn't."

"I didn't realise how much I loved him, until I thought I was going to lose him. That doesn't even make sense though, does it? For the past year, he's done nothing nice to me, except try to force me back into a life I hate."

"Of course it makes sense. He's your brother. Your twin brother and one of the only family members you have left in the world. It makes complete sense."

He let out a sigh. "Does he even deserve our help?"

"What kind of people would we be, if we didn't?" I asked him, moving towards the bed and sitting down on the edge. "This is the time in his life where he can turn himself around and change for the better. We need to support him through this change."