Tears

Tears.

Another droplet of sadness mingled with pain and betrayal slid down her perfectly plump yet flushed cheek as she saw him gazing at a girl the way he sweared was only reserved for her . A gaze full of love and longing.  Another tear. And then another. And then the trail started. It felt as if the Strom inside her had finally decided to be ferocious and rain out her sorrows.

Tears . What were they ? Those little nothings. Yet so disastrous. Tiny in their size but it seemed like tons of weight have been suddenly dumped on her heart.

Transparent. Yet full to the brim of deep, vibrant colors. The color of greif, the color of pain, the color of betrayal, the color of gut wrenching sorrow.

Just opposite to her, Amazingly, somehow, a 4 year old boy's cheeks were also glistening with sticky trails of moisture. Lifting one of his tiny hands up to the sky while the other hand holding his father's and trying to drag him towards the trotting ice cream van. The young dad laughed throatily and brought a cone for his, now smiling, son.

Tears, tiny but meaningless. Just for no reason. The father sat down on his knee and wiped his son's innocent tears.

Those spherical droplets of nothingness, constituted of nothing yet everything. The ultimate evidence of a person's feelings. The proof of love, happiness and sincerity. And sometimes the proof of innocent anger too.

Tears are the dead giveaway of a person's insides. Unmasking everything long hidden beneath a cover.