Snow

Snow

Madeline's high pitched squeak rang out in the air as she ran outside the cottage and towards the garden which was now covered in heavenly white powder.

She jumped into the fluffy whiteness and screamed in joy. It was so soft. Being a five year old, she saw snow for the first time and was astonished at how beautiful it was.

The soft white powder was falling from the sky in an amazing manner. It seemed to her as the snow flakes were in a competition with one another, tying to reach the ground earlier than the competitors.

She lay down there in the garden, her face turned upwards, towards the sky. Another white foamy ball fell on her cheek, which were already flushed due to cold.

Her little brain couldn't process what was a snowflake. She had heard from her friends in school that when the fairies who lived on the sky were happy, they sprinkled magic on earth which came down in the form of snowflakes, and because they were crafted from their slender hands, the snow was white and soft.

Watching from the kitchen window, Rose smiled at her daughter, who had now given up laying in the garden and was currently dancing happily in the snow.

Rose wiped her hands on the towel and went outside to play with her daughter, she didn't want her outside alone in this weather. Playing with Madeline was just a lame excuse, she knew well in her heart that she couldn't resist the temptation of playing in the snow as well.