Chapter 1: The murder

The girl inserted the key into lock and went inside her house. Switching on the light, a gasp escaped her lips. Clutching a hand to heart, she tried to steady her racing heartbeat.

"Oh my God, you scared me ! What are you doing here?"

The attacker sitting on the sofa stared her nonetheless.

"Okay, would you mind telling me how you got inside?" putting the keys on a table, she went into kitchen.

"Evil has its ways," was the reply.

"Okay, Evil, be my guest. But what are you doing here in the middle of the night. Shouldn't you be at your place sleeping or doing whatever the evil does?" she joked.

The attacker turned to watch her every move.

The girl had been a nuisance for so long. But, today would be the last and no one would hear any of her screeching and babbling voice again. With this mission, the attacker stood and drew out something from pocket.

"Well, are you listening? I said you'll have to wait till the microwave does its charm," the girl scrunched her face.

"Evil doesn't rush."

Alright, is this some kind of monosyllabic competition? She was confused.

The girl saw the dark shadow standing at the kitchen door with a white, soft satin ribbon cradling in hand.

"Wow! That's a beautiful ribbon you have. What would you do with it?" she asked with a smile.

"This."

With one hard shove the girl was thrown back on the floor making her head collide with the kitchen boards. The wrinkles of shock appeared on her forehead as she yelped in fright.

"Ah! Music to evil," the entity was quiet amused and caught a handful of her hair forcing her towards the lobby dragging all the way.

"What are you doing ? Stop it. You are hurting me," tears were flowing through her eyes. She tried to free the hold onto her hair.

The attacker was panting angrily, "Just keep your mouth shut," and pushed her.

The girl was groaning in pain as her body collided with the furniture.

"Why are you doing this? Is this some kind of game? Please, stop it. You are scaring me," she tried to bargain.

"This cannot be happening. I thought you were my friend," her eyes went wild with fear as the dark shadow was now looming over her as the ribbon wound across her neck.

She kept on thrashing against the attacker as the ribbon tightened across her neck. Her nails digging and clawing to loosen the grip. But it was of no use.

With a howl of frustration, the being increased the pressure.

There was hatred, pure hatred in the eyes which made her shrink back in fear. Her fight was slowly leaving her. The movements became clumsy and eyes rolled back in the head as the air left her lungs.

The attacker still continued to apply pressure. The eyes became malicious as the movement became fanatic. Watching the white color of the ribbon turn into crimson red, a maniac laugh spurted out.

 Watching the white color of the ribbon turn into crimson red, a maniac laugh spurted out

"My favorite blood red. But it needs to be darker," with a frown the attacker searched for something that could help to draw more blood. Quickly, a few constant stabs with a kitchen knife poured blood out of the girl's body.

Satisfied with the color on the ribbon and leaving the body which was now a pulpy mess, as it is, the figure stood up and walked towards the main door.

The eyes were filled with great awe at the new color of the ribbon and utterly pleased. So engrossed that it failed to look the shock on the faces of Mr. and Mrs. Morrison who were at the front door.

"What are you doing here, Rosie?" Mr. Morrison asked.

Rosie, a thirteen year old girl was holding the red crimson ribbon in her hand as the prized possession. Her clothes were unkempt and hair flowing out in a wild frenzy. Her hands and face matted with fresh blood. But her eyes were calm.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Hello squeaky breads,

I hope you enjoyed this gory and twisted opening chapter.

*glancing sideways* Ah, well, guys, Rosie says hi too.

Don't forget to vote, comment, share and recommend the story.

The opening chapter is dedicated to