time on the bridge

time on the bridge

- Madiha -

Madiha stood on the railway bridge, shivering slightly as the wind lifted and messed with the little strands of her auburn hair. Her hands loosely held the cold and rusted metal railings. Hues of orange, yellow and red kissed her skin as the sun moved past the horizon and right behind her, a wide expanse of pink skies and tufts of white clouds floated away. Winter always arrived in style.

The criss-crossed tracks were glistening. It had started to drizzle. One could never see where they ended. Twisting and turning into oblivion. An announcement for the oncoming snow storm echoed around, trains were going to slow down today. It was such a paradox, slow trains in a fast moving city. But, she had no idea why she was here.

Maybe because it was always peaceful, standing amidst the moving people, blaring speakers, unknown voices talking loudly over the phone and places drifting away into conversations. Insignificance wasn't a feeling, it was a reality. There was so much silence within her that her sighs escaped without the rush of air leaving her perfectly bowed shaped lips.

Until, time and again, she was brought back and everything collapsed onto her with a single voice.

"Hey, you alright there?" he asks.

"Do I know you?"

"No. You just seemed lost," he smiles. 

__________________

Hello my itty bitty lovelies :)

This is a short story of around 20-25 or 25/30 chapters.

It is my official entry for the #Wattys2016 and 

I had saved this idea especially for the Wattys2016! ^_^

vote   comment   share

The chapters won't be too long (coz it's a SS duh xD) but I will make sure each is worth reading and leaves you craving for more! 

Thank you as always, for your love, support and encouragement.

- Sash -