8 (Battle at Beruna part 1)

I walked into Peters tent to see him and Ed just climbing into bed, in shirts and no tunics.

"I thought you would never get here." Peter joked. We climbed into bed and cuddled to sleep. I saw my father walk towards me in my sleep.

"Child, you need to get Peter to lead the army. I know he can. I trust you." Father instructed.

"But you can." I said.

"Not at the moment. I love you Addy, you're mother would be so proud of you." Aslan spoke, his body disappearing in the wind as if he were ash being blown away.

I sat upright as the dream woke me up; Peter saw blossoms forming a figure, making him grab his sword in defence. The commotion awoke a sleeping Ed

"Be still my princes I bring grave news from your sisters." The dryad said.

Peter walked from Fathers tent.

"She's right. He really is gone." Peter confirmed. I held back tears for my dead father as I knew he would find a way to help us all. Peter, me, Ed, Oreius all gathered around the battle maps outside of Aslan's tent.

"Then you'll have to lead us." Ed was the first to break the silence that followed Peter's news.

"Peter there is an army out there. It is ready to follow you." I sided with Ed. Peter needed to lead.

"I can't." Peter denied.

"Aslan believed you could. So do I." Edmund said.

"Peter be the King I know you are destined to become. Show everyone that there future King can step up and is a force to be reckoned with." I rubbed my hand on his arm in comfort. Peter thought over what Ed and me had told him.

"The witch's army is nearing Sire. What are your orders?" Asked Oreius. With that question the Battle at Beruna, the Battle for Narnia, the war, was on and the High King found his strength.

I walked to the stable and dropped of Nala, promising I would return to her. I saddled up Raven and rode to Peters tent. Edmund was outside.

"Is King Peter in there?" I asked the young boy, who was dressed in his royal armour.

"Yes." He replied simply. I nodded in tanks and walked inside after dismounting Raven. I saw him struggling with his armour. Silently I walked over to him and began to tie it for him. He let me, without uttering a single sound.

"Be safe today. Stay by me. Please." He begged when I had finished, turning around and wrapping his arms around me. His metal armour was cold around my body, my simple leather armour doing nothing to conceal my body heat.

"I promise."

"Just don't fight with anger, fight with your head." I told Peter.

"I promise." He answered. I kissed his lips sweetly, and we walked out side by side, hand in hand. We both mounted our horses and rode into the battlefield, all lining up, ready to face the evil minions that were allies to the white witch.