10 (Battle at Beruna part 3)

Arrows flew over our heads as we neared the rocky passage. Dwarfs ran ahead and aimed arrows at the closest Narnians. I shot at those. I saw the witch's servant aim an arrow at Peter. Before I could shoot it, the arrow was unleashed.

"Peter!" I screamed, leaning around his muscular body to pull on the mane if the steed. I managed to turn the unicorn to stop the arrow from hitting Peter but not fast enough to save it. The arrow hit the side of the unicorn, sending it falling down, causing me and Peter to crash down from upon it. We flipped off it, landing on our backs, winded badly but not injured. I crawled over to Peter to try to get him up, but found I couldn't breath. He stood up after looking at the approaching witch in fear and grabbed my arm to make me stand also. He pulled my to his side protectively. Then Oreius and other Narnian creatures ran past us, after seeing that we had fallen, towards the witchs army.

"Stop!" Peter shouted, but they didn't listen. I noticed my bow had snapped after falling from the unicorn and no all I had was my daggers, which were already missing three. Although I had originally 30 in total, every dagger counted, and now I was three down. I watched the rhino charge into the enemy bravely before being shot down. Then Oreius took his place, swinging his blades. He was going for the witch. He killed a minator and many ogres with ease but they were nothing compared to witch. I gripped Peters arm as we watched Oreius run at the witch with all he had. All he had wasn't enough. He jumped and aimed for the witch's head, but she ducked. He turned and attacked again only to be met by a wand, turning him to stone. My mouth hung open in terror.

We jumped back into combat. Fighting side-to-side, back-to-back. We moved in sync, as one. We paused to observe the fighting that encased us. Narnians were being cut down as if they were mere blades of grass, blowing in the breeze. However they weren't. They were living creatures, hopelessly fighting to survive, to return home to loved ones. Too many would not get the privilege. It saddened me to see the hapless faces that were painted across the Narnian army. Another two gryphons tried to attack the witch, resulting in one being stabbed and one being turned to stone then destroyed by the harsh rock face that met its falling body. The piercing eyes of the witch starred down at Peter and I, mocking us.

"There's too many of them! Get the girls, take Addy, and get them home!" Peter pushed me towards Edmund as he engaged in another battle. Beaver then pulled both Ed and I away from the fighting.

"You heard him, lets go!" Beaver said.

"Peter! No!" I screamed as Ed grabbed my waist to stop me from foolishly running towards him again. His eyes locked with mine in a sad expression. We stopped on the top of a rock and looked back, seeing Peter loosing a battle against a minator. Then we saw the witch making her way towards him. Edmund drew his sword.

"Peter said get out of here!" Beaver reminded.

"Peter's not king yet!" Edmund shouted, then ran down the hill.

"Edmund no!" I screamed at him, and followed. Ed dodged battles and headed straight for the witch. I threw daggers at different creatures before they could get too close to him. A blue light distracted me from chasing after him as I saw that Ed had broken her wand. Peter saw it too, as he looked over. I wasted no time as I jumped from the higher rocks, my last two daggers ready, and in front of Edmund. I roughly pushed him out of the way. The witch knocked the daggers out of my hands and plunged her sword inside my stomach. I saw her menacing eyes glare at me, and the ruthless woman pulled her sword out of me and knocked me back. I glanced at Peter and saw him screaming my name, but no sound reached my ears. I fell back against the grass and looked into the peaceful clouds above.