Prologue

"Each of us is a tiny being, permitted to ride on the outermost skin of one of the smaller planets for a few dozen trips around the local star." - Carl Sagan

Destination: Earth
Date: May 11, 2016

The young girl stared up into the sky as she saw her best friend in her uniform. She was going to make history. And for the first time ever, it was her turn to shine. Ever since this morning she had been worried about her friend, but she knew she was safe.

"Promise me you'll be fine."
"I will be. I've trained for this for almost 5 years. I've got this."
"But that's the thing. I won't be seeing you for another 4 years. What am I going to do without you?"
"I'll be fine. Look, I'm going to help the world out a little. I'm trying to see if in case if anything happens-, maybe there is hope for humanity somewhere else. And, I'm going to places where no one has ever been to. Isn't that crazy?"
"But we've known each other our whole lives. I've always depended on you when I need help or just comfort. Who's going to comfort me?"
"But even if the stars don't align us anymore, I can always promise you that I will be watching from a different galaxy, waiting for our comet to strike. I'll be there for you. Just look into the sky and know that I'm safe and sound. Time flies and I'll be back."

The two embraced for a minute and
suddenly the world shifted. It was like time was changing, and dreams had started to come true.

And there the two galaxies were looking at each other, waiting for a comet to strike amazing things for them.