Harry x Reader

Requested by:

~Your POV~

"Okay, okay. Today is the day. I'm going to make some friends," I try to sound reassuring to myself. It doesn't work.

The thought of someone walking into my house, looking at my things, and asking questions is enough to make my chest tighten and my heart beat faster.

I took a shower and got dressed.

When I made my way to the kitchen I decided to skip breakfast. If I was going to try and make any friends, I need to look as appealing as possible. That means I have to look skinny.

Since today was a special occasion,  I dressed especially nice. That means clean jeans, flats, a blouse, and make-up. But, I've never even worn mascara before, so I just put on some lip-gloss.

I wasn't sure how to go about today's plan, and thinking about it made my head start to throb, so I decided to take a walk along the road.

I live in an empty area, with only a few neighbors here and there, so it seemed like the perfect place to forget about everything.

But with my luck, the neighbors decided to be outside.

I walked nervously past them, desperately trying to avoid eye contact, but I hear a child's voice call out to me.

"Hey! Ma'am! Can I play with you?"

I froze as a little boy with his blue hair gelled into a foe hawk ran up to me. Even though I was uncomfortable, a genuine smile crept up onto my lips. "Sure, sweetie. What do you want to play?"

He thought about this for a moment, and then jumped up and down. "I wanna draw!" he cheered. I laughed a little. "Sure, let's draw."

We sat down a small plastic picnic table and began to draw. I learned the boy's name was Manny and he was staying with some family friends while his dad was away. I was so invested in his life story that I didn't notice that someone had come up behind me.

"Manny," a deep, flat voice spoke next to me, causing me to jump in shock. Manny, however, didn't seem bothered by this and quickly finished his story about the time his dad showed him a movie where two adults were 'wrestling' in bed.

"Yes, Harry?" Manny asked after he stood up. "Robin needs your help cooking lunch," the voice from before stated flatly. Manny huffed. "Why can't you help? I'm playing with my new friend, (Name)."

The man I now knew as Harry moved to sit across from me. "I'll keep her company while you're gone," he promised. Manny stood there for a moment and I took this time to observe Harry. His features were sharp and defined, his bright red hair was in dread locks - the top half pulled back out of his face.

The natural blush that was always on my face deepened when our eyes met. Manny decided that this was a fair trade off and went inside. 

I sat there, silent and decided that my feet were the most interesting thing in front of me. ''So," Harry began, "you like to spend your days flirting with little kids?" he asked in an offended manner. I looked up at him, furious at his accusations. "What the Hell, man?" I demanded.

Harry narrowed his eyes. "Oh, don't give me that crap. I saw the ay he was looking at you," he said leaning across the table. "I'm not a pedophile! He approached me!" I yelled leaning towards him.

"Oh yeah? Prove it!"

"How am I supposed to do that?"

Harry stared at me for a long time. Then out of nowhere, the anger left his eyes, and was replaced with something else. He looked like a hungry wolf who had just spotted an injured rabbit. Before I could question him, he closed the space between us.

All the chains holding me down snapped all at once, and my mind started to swim. My heart raced as his hand rest it's self on my shoulder. I felt a pinch of longing as he broke away. "Yeah," he murmured. "I believe you."

OH MY GOSH. I SCREAMED WHILE WRITING THIS. THANKS

FOR REQUESTING THIS.