Ch.2

Your POV

At first I thought that maybe I'd never see Uta again, and that my night shift at this place would be, once again, empty and alone.
Boy was I wrong. Every night he'd come around the same time. And we would make small talk over coffee. He wouldn't always pay for his coffee but then again, I never mind. Tonight our conversation sparked my curiousity when I realized, I don't know what he does for a living or anything really.
"Hey Uta what's your job? Or any hobbies?" I tried my best to sound casual. I failed.
Looking up from his napkin doodles, he smoothly replied, "I make masks, for ghouls mainly. It takes a true artist ya kno?"
"A true artist huh?" I looked at my little corner of doodles. "Yea. I took art in high school though my parents basically slaughtered the idea, saying 'You can't live like that' and then saying I should be like Yuse and all." I said boredly.
"You know I was gonna invite you over to, oh I don't know, maybe make a mask or two. But I guess you wouldn't be down for that, Ms. Art-isn't a-living." He teased as he watched me gasp and pout.
"UTA! N-NO! PLEASE!" I grabbed his hand.
Smirking, he agreed. Handing me the address, he got up and said, "Well, see ya tomorrow then, (y/n)."

Le Next Day

After realizing I had nothing to wear I decided on wearing a peter pan collared blouse with some skinny jeans. Stuffing my work uniform in my bag I began walking to the address Uta gave me.
It was getting a little dark outside already but my small worries were gone when I saw Uta step out and beckon me in.
We made small talk as he led me into his mask room.
I look around the room in awe andI didn't notice him leave.
I reached up and touch the masks. All the curves and grooves. Some were smoother than others but all were masterpieces.
I saw some strange ones, which made me wonder how you would wear it but my gaze locked with one.
No way! I thought as I grabbed the mask and put it.
I crouched down slightly, dancing a little, while I proclaimed a little too loudly,
"I am Mejora!"
I immediately froze and took off the mask when I hear Uta laugh.
"Nah (y/n) honestly you are too cute to be Mejora. I'll make you your own mask."
He said putting his supplies down and walking towards me.
I don't know what happened to me as the space between us closed in. It was suffocating as we refused to break eye contact. I just leaned in and he gently grabbed my face and as our eyes gently closed, we..well.....we kissed. He would've kept at it but he opened his eyes and saw my red face.
I held my hand to my chest. I didnt even need to feel for my heartbeat, it was pounding in my ears.
Smiling he took my hand and offered to drop me off at the cafe.
Still shocked and stuttering I accepted.
"So I have some ghouls coming to the shop so I won't be stopping over tonight okay?"
"Y-yea." I was about to unbuckle and dash out still pretty embarassed but he caught my hand over the seat belt.
When I whipped my head to him, he kissed my cheek.
Before thinking my mouth opened.
"I'll miss you." Oh god. Did I just. I did, didn't I?
Blushing madly I zoomed out of his car and into the cafe, leaving Uta with a small smile on his face.

Le Morning

Groaning, I checked my phone. It's 11:34 am.
Speaking to myself I suddenly recalled last night. And broke out into a smile.
But alas in my kitchen my smile died thanks to...
"(Y/n)! You're awake finally!" Yuzei boomed as she dropped a few dishes into the sink. Correction, my sink.
"What are you guys doing here?" I asked honestly just wondering how they got in.
"Theres a rumoured ghoul round here so we got assugned to the area. But since it's a rumour we aren't gonna stay for long. Actually we'll be gone before your shift today." Yuzei said happily.
"Yea so be on the watch (y/n)! Especially at night. And that means no flirting or anything with shady people!" Yuse said seriously and slightly angrily.
Unconciously my hand touched my lips.
"Oh Yuse! Don't worry if anything happens (y/n) cam handle herself! Right (y/n)?" Yuzei laughed and then turned to me.
I suddenly pulled my hand down but despite that, I couldn't hide my light blush.
"(Y/n).... Did that guy... KISS YOU?!" Yuse couldnt hide the fury in his voice.
Great. I just had to touch my lips didn't I?!
"U-uh well... Yea...but I-I" I put my hands up sheepishly.
"Aww see Yuse she's all grown up!" Yuzei cooed.
As Yuse continued to grumble, Yuzei suggested I go out a little. Or in her own words, 'Go feel the sunlight again'.
But even as I walked through the city, I couldn't help to worry for Uta, as a ghoul.