Ch.9

"(Y/n), Stay behind me.."
Tsukiyama's voice dropped low. I didn't question him as I stepped in line behind him.
He began looking around more and suddenly grabs my hand as we make a run.

We went through a seires of allies and streets before i finally saw a familiar place
Utas shop..... Uta..
The atmosphere tonight felt like it was choking on a strange tension. Like one wrong step could break open hell.
Tsukiyama beckons me to follow him and we enter Uta's mask shop.
"About time...." My head snaps to find this alien voice.
"Oh Kanae!" Tsukiyama smiles at the purple haired and masked figure leaning against the wall.
I simply nodded a hello to this "Kanae".
Kanae walks up to me and I swear I could feel his stare... Wait is it a he?... I don't even know...
"Come on..(Y/n)" Kanae took my hand and led me to the mask room.
The way Kanae held my hand was soft and almost familiar. I..i think this is a girl..

My shock was displayed on my face as I saw the mask room.
The place is a mess! The masks I once adored were now broken and disfigured on the floor.
Rather than being suprised at the room's state, Kanae simply says ".. He's not here anymore.."
"(Y/n) is there anywhere he would go?" Kanae looks back at me.
I bit my lip and looked to the side.
"Hmm... Oh. The roof." I silently snapped my fingers in realization.
With a nod from Tsukiyama, I headed up.
The night sky seemed to wrap the roof into it's own little world.
And there in this world was Uta, laying atop a blanket.
Quietly, I sat next to him, looking up.
".... Uta... Are you up?.." I glanced at him.
"...No? Uh... Well... I... I screwed up, Uta.. And I'm really sorry... So sorry... I didn't think twice about it. I didn't  even think to call Yuzei or Yuse or anything. I just... For the the first time I was scared of you.... I never want to be scared of you because I know who you are a-and I know what you are. And that's never ever changed my feelings towards you. But that night, I just didn't think and I let my fear consume me.... And I'm so so sorry." My face was wet with tears and my voice was breaking.
I wiped my eyes on my sleeve, leaving two long wet trails.
I bent my knee ready to stand up so I could leave but a deep voice stopped me.
"Don't you leave here with that face, you know Tsukiyama would beat me sore for making you cry."
"Idiot... You were awake this whole time... And i knew it too...." I whispered as he gently held me against his chest.
I felt him lean down gently and kiss my forehead.
"Hey... It's alright now..."
I looked up at his black eyes which gleamed with gentle tears, threatining to break.
I wrapped my arms around  him.
"Don't cry on me, Uta." I teased.