3 . Reflective

~I hope we're not eating greasy food.

I slipped on a light long nude cardigan along with my heels. I felt my stomach flip as anxiety started to settle into my chest. Its been so long since I actually went out to be honest. Especially on a date with a guy. I forgot what to expect. I looked down at my phone nervously as the screen lit up with a new notification.

-don't worry about it.

Seconds later another text vibrated the phone in my grip.

-I'm outside chéri.

Chéri? Must be a french word because I'm pretty sure he isn't calling me a cherry. I shook my head of the dumb thoughts arising in my head. I always overthink things when I'm anxious.
With a sigh I picked up my clutch and stepped out of my bedroom. I made my way towards the door and made sure to glance at the mirror by the coat rack. What am I even doing? Am I ready to date?

I tucked a curl behind my ear and sighed. I smiled at my reflection, inspecting my freshly whitened teeth. It's just one night, whats the harm in that. Stepping out the door and locking it, I made my way down the steps. His black Lamborghini was parked right in front and you know who was standing by the driver's side of the car, arms crossed over the top of the car smiling at me.

I hate that car; something about luxury cars simply just was not my cup of tea.
He met me by the passenger side of the car and I tried not to goggle at his outfit. Instantly the scent of cotton and cologne greeted my nose. I glanced at him with a grin before letting my eyes run down his figure.

He was wearing khakis with a crisp white button down and a faded black jean jacket. His black  timberlands of course did not go un- noticed. I blushed when his eyes ran down my figure slowly in return.

"You look beautiful." He said slowly.

I flushed further. "Thank you."

He then grinned and opened the futuristic door, letting it slide upwards.
I forced a smile as I tried to hide my distaste and sat down in the car. I was overwhelmed by the leather and cologne scent once again. Moments later Grey slid into the seat next to me. I watched him fidget with his seat belt and smiled warmly. He looked nervous.

"Looking sharp this evening Mr. Jacobs." I informed him as he started to drive the stupid car.

He catched on and smirked. "Its apart of the first impressions Ms. Lace."

I smiled cheekily. "You want to leave a good impression on muah?" I gestured a suggestive hand onto my chest.

He smirked at me and glanced at me with humor in his eyes. I messed with the rings on my fingers and leaned my head back against the seat.

"What are your other side jobs?" I asked, starting conversation. It was, after all, a night to get to know each other.

He paused, actually giving my question some thought. "Cooking."

"That sounds like more of a hobby."

"Because it is." He admitted.

I rolled my eyes. Fine, he doesn't have to tell me. Yet. I put my hand through my curls, giving up on learning more about him.

"So where are we going?"

"To a place." He joked, his eyes looking over at me in amusement.

I groaned quietly. "Why can't you tell me?"

"I like surprises."
"Well I don't." I huffed.

"Because you're impatient." I frowned at his choice of words and nearly jumped out of my skin when I felt his hand cover my thigh.