15 . Way

I pulled away from him to meet his blazing eyes. I stared up at him in silence.

"Whats gotten into you?"

My mind was running around in circles at his sudden affection. I could care less to be honest. His lips know how to move against mine.

It made me feel transparent, like I had no privacy. He knew me too well and what I liked. But I haven't dated anyone since high school, so frankly I didn't even know what I liked. He was like this big ball of pleasure, a rush of adrenaline.

It scared the crap out of me.

His hand raised up to my face and I leaned into his palm. His warmth felt like everything I ever needed, like muscle memory. My mind is currently not attached to my flesh. It's as if my body knows more about him than my own brain.

I looked up at him and he clenched his jaw. "Whats wrong?" I questioned, with a small voice.

As if my words were daggers, he pulled away abruptly and shook his head.

A big shaky sigh left his lips as he pulled on his unruly hair. A nervous habit I presumed.

"Grey?" I stepped towards him.

He ignored me and shuffled back to the bed, quickly grabbing his phone. In which he rushed out of the bedroom.

I stood there as confusion and even hurt clouded me.

Did my breath smell?

I hurried behind him out of the room and anxiety filled me whole as he ripped on his shoes. His keys.
I quickly snatched his keys off the kitchen island. The shrill jingle rang throughout the room causing him to freeze.

"The keys." He said below a whisper. His eyes held desperation.

"Did I do something?" I held the keys tightly.
My eyes ran up his frame and stopped at his lips then eyes. Heavenly light eyes.

"No." He managed. "I remembered I had to do something."

He was obviously affected from my stare because the longer my eyes were on him the more he clenched his jaw.

"Did my tongue remind you?" Both he and I stiffened at my choice of words.

His cheeks started to turn pink as he looked away from me. "No." He muttered.

"I need the car remember?"

Is this what you call sexual tension?

He looked at me for a second and slowly nodded. He slipped out of his shoes and wiped his hand across his face. "I forgot."

He slipped past me carefully into the kitchen. "Hungry?" His some what shaky hand gripped the fridge door and opened out.

"I'm going out to lunch." I reminded, watching his nervous behavior.

He quickly shut the door and stuck his hands on his pockets. He obviously was adjusting himself.

"I'm going to sleep then." He slid past me again and paced towards our bedroom.

After the click of the bedroom door shut, I just stood there.

What the hell was that.

I feel really grounded here. Part of me really wants to go see Nick and see how he is.
But.. a really big part of me wants to go back into that bedroom and lay beside the man who claims to be my husband. I wanted to resolve all the little stresses he had roaming around in that head of his.
It seems like forever until my legs decided to move. And before I knew it, I'm roaming back to the bedroom.