4 . Circumstances

Waking up in this apartment never gets old. I always wake up the same. Looking up at the pitch white ceiling and my hanging geocentric light.

I remember when I was in relationships in college, my mornings used to be more eventful.

Waking up to arms tight around your waist and tangled legs. It made me feel secure.

But I guess there is always benefits of being alone. Like I don't have to worry about dried drool on my bed.

That was always a beautiful bonus.

I sighed and turned on my side, grabbing my phone.

I remembered I told freaking Grey I was going to call him. He never said don't call at 9 in the morning.

I rubbed at my eyes and tucked a wild curl from my bun behind my ear.
I clicked his name and put the phone to my ear, snuggling closer to the sheets.

It rung once and I frowned almost instantly. I told that boy to answer on the first ring.
I'm crazy, it's 9 in the morning he's probably still knocked out.

Second ring and I heard a click sound.
"Hello?"

I was startled by the groggy voice, he was sleeping. His deep voice made me squirm almost instantly.

"What happened to answering on the first ring?" I questioned.

I heard a groan and ruffling which I was guessing was him moving on his bed. "I'm sorry my chéri."

I grinned. "Were you sleeping?" I asked the obvious.

"Noo, I was waiting to hear your beautiful voice Rose."

"Mhmmm." I hummed in response to his careless flirting. "Are you busy in the afternoon?"

"I actually have a dance workshop to teach with Leath this afternoon."
His soothing voice made me grin.

"Can I see you for lunch before then?"

"Oh my chéri actually wants to see me." I heard the sarcasm in his tone.

Along with some noise in the background.

Confusion made a appearance. I hate not understanding. Which is most of the time.

"What are you talking about Grey?"

"I talk about when you angry at me in the car." I heard his strong french accent break out through my phone.

He sounded frustrated. I nearly chuckled at him. When he's mad his broken English comes out. He's probably one of those when they get really pissed they start cussing in a different language. For example French.

"Grey I wasn't mad at you, I was upset with what you told me." I sat up in my bed and stretched.

"I thought I stay here for like a month or longer when I ask you out!"

I now couldn't hold it in. "Grey your broken English is coming out, calm down." My laughter rang out into my phone.

There was a pause of silence. "It made me feel like shit when you were upset with me."

I sighed. "Because I felt we had a connection as corny as that sounds."

"We do." He agreed.

"But I felt like it was all for nothing. If I'm not going to see you for basically 12 months after the end of the week then what is the point?"

There was silence and it was a actual calming silence. We were both on the same page. Waiting for one or the other to go first to the next page.