Contest #2 [CLOSED]

*cue suspenseful music*

*whisk of a cape*

Hello, reader. We have been expecting you.

Welcome to our second contest! We apologize for the wait but we're here now, so let's get started! In short, in this second contest you'll be taking one of your favorite songs and turning it into a cover.

What does this mean, you ask?

Well, what you'll be doing is taking the title of the song as the title of the book cover, and the artist as the author -- that's pretty simple. Then here comes the tricky -- or creative -- part. For the main concept of your cover, you can of course incorporate a picture of the artist as a model, but for the background we want you to explore the mood/message of the song and use the first colors that come to mind as your main starting point.

If I were making a cover based off of the song "Control" by Halsey, I'd be using reds, blacks, greys, and whites. I'd use the mood -- frightening, horror, chaotic -- and make something with blood, fingerprints, maybe a castle, some lightning textures.

Or take example below:

This example above demonstrates an instrumental song by Two Steps From Hell

This example above demonstrates an instrumental song by Two Steps From Hell. This song is beautiful and mystical with a few simple vocals dancing in the middle. The feel is represented by the color tones and the mystical wheels that spin around the cover. The lighter colors demonstrate the Majesty of the song while the objects themselves hint at a greater adventure.

Remember, if you have any questions -- and we know this is kind of open ended, so that's expected -- feel free to shoot them in the comments below!

REQUIREMENTS:

the name of the song (title)

the artist (author's name)

your username (not your pen name -- we need to be able to keep track of you guys!)

a description to why your cover goes with the song

This is a key point, because interpretation is different for everyone so we want to know how you interpreted it. (We will not accept it without the description, so be sure to include it!)

RULES:

only one entry allowed

you cannot use band art or any existing album covers -- we want to see your design!

comment in the chapter below so we find the cover (in this comment you must also tag three people and us so that more can join this contest!)

EXAMPLE: Hey I posted my entry in my contest entry book! @GuildofGraphics @username1 @username2 @username3

This is a contest for you to express what a certain song means to you. Not what a band says it means or what other people's says it means, but you think it means.

Prize time! *dances*

(Yes, we know you skipped through the boring stuff down to here. Don't give us that look. You know it's true)

The beautiful and lovely eosophobic has graciously volunteered to be sacrificed! Kidding, kidding!

one personalized cover by eosophobic

NOTE -- cannot be fanfiction and preferably not teen fiction :) Don't want to give you a crappy graphic now do we?

you get to collaborate on a graphic with one of us! (More details to the winner.)

Due by: July 10, 2016

Well? What are standing around here for? Turn up the music and start editing! We can't wait to see what you guys make.

Yours truly,
The Guild