Contest #5 [CLOSED]

*seven partyparrots screech as they pile on head*

*pile of streamers lands on head*

Partying is all well in good, but those parrots are getting out of hand. If you guys haven't heard (or seen from our covers *coughs*), the Guild has reached 1K followers, and we couldn't have done it without all of you! Thank you so much for your support.

For contest #5, you will be ... making a movie poster for your favorite Wattpad book!

Here are some wonderfully designed, gorgeous movie posters of movies you've probably seen floating out there:

Oh...so you haven't seen some of these movies floating out there? Psyched! I'd like to thank the fabulous Guild members, stardust24601 and TorissaNikole, for unknowingly allowing me to steal their movie posters for this exercise. You've probably seen "The Dark Knight" somewhere.

SOME TIPS:

make it flashy. This is Hollywood we're talking about here -- add some light flares, or faint mist, or a flare of fire to add that dramatic flair!

dramatic lighting. We want to see those sharp cheekbones, dang it! Dramatic lighting or a gradient focusing on a particular object increases the mystery -- and the drama, of course -- tenfold.

• a good movie poster size is 884X1280 pixels.

• for the casting font you see at the bottom of the posters, use just a tall sans serif or the "SteelTongs" font that can be downloaded. Make sure you write in upper case if you use that, but experiment with lower case and see what you get! The "SF Movie Poster" font is also good, you can download off of the godly dafont.com for free.

REQUIREMENTS:

• the title of the movie/book

• a casting that you must include on the cover. Cast your main character and make sure to include the names of the actors you used (see the top of the first movie poster example)

no nudity, excessive gore, or anything R-rated

a release date

• your username (not your pen-name, your actual username that people tag you by)

• comment in this chapter that tags three people and says something like: "Hey! I posted my cover in my graphics book! @username1 @username2 @username3 ."

PRIZES:

• the official "Guild" sticker on your cover book/icon

• being a VIP for three weeks on our thread! What does this mean? You can request when the thread is closed, your request will be given #1 priority, regardless of your number on the queue, and you don't have to complete payment!

EXCITED? SO ARE WE! LET'S GET STARTED!

DEADLINE IS WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 24TH