Walking like an Egyptian part 2

(The pic is what Maria looks like)
We were now standing in front of three mats. One was blue, another was pink, and the last one was most likely supposed to be gold.
"Wait, Maria?" Tyler asked. "Like maria, maria?" I turned to him. Wait, I knew him.
"Yeah... Its me."
"Oh..."
"Can we change the subject?" Alejandro nodded, but I could tell he wants more information. Noah walked over and began talking to Sierra, and I could see the irritated look on his face.
"Wow." Owen said, "you don't look like a Maria. In just going to figure out a good nickname for you."
"Awe thanks, señor. That's so very kind of you." Owen smiled and laughed.
"Where do I know you from?" Alejandro whispered in my ear.
"I have no idea." Then, Chris began to explain what our challenge is. He talked about getting to the Nile. We had to get everyone on a goat, but with the right weight distribution, we could do it. Alejandro and I stood before the team.
"We don't need a camel." I said. "We have each other."
"We are unstoppable!" Alejandro said. "We have the will, and the strength."
"Together," we both said, "we will triumph!"
"Yeah!" Owen said.
"Yeah!" Tyler cheered.
"Alright!" Noah agreed. Sierra, however, looked unimpressed. We all were around the goat, and even he seemed impressed by our socializing skills. Alejandro and I high five each other. We looked st the ghost, and I could tell, he was doing the same thing I was. We were looking at everyone, and seeing how to distribute their weight.
"You can tell then how to do it." I old him, and he smirked.
"Sierra, Owen. Up, up!" He said, and sierra sat on Noah, as Tyler sat on Owen.
"This is SO cool, alehandout, or alekazam. Ehhh, I will just call you Al. As for Maria, I'll call her a... Marie!!" We both gritted our teeth.
"Yeah.. This is gonna work." Noah says sarcastically.
"Have faith, Noah, belief in us." I said, and shot a wink, Alejandro then put his arm around me and we jumped on sierra and Tyler. We were no longer teeter totter ing on the goat. Alejandro and I, made it perfectly stable.
"Whoa!!!" Tyler said.
"Okay..." Nosh said, "color me impressed." Chris explained where and what the nile was, then put out scarab's to attack us.
~Lovin' time~
The heat was high, just as I liked it. We used to go on vacations ask the time, speaking of vacation. I thought I was getting one from being called Marie. That name... Ugh, it's what Karmen calls me. She's so irritating. I hate her! I noticed acacias team was right in front if us. I saw them arguing a bit, and I wanted to let Alejandro deal with it. That's when I noticed something. Acacia had a look on her face... I know that look... No. Way.
"Such witty remarks from such intelligent young ladies!" Alejandro flirted.
"Yeah." Tyler said, "at least they don't attack people." He eyes me. I began to ignore Alejandro to focus on Tyler.
"Why would you say that amor?" (love)
"You know what you did."
"It was an accident. Tyler, I didn't know."
"Oh, go kiss Jose." My eyes widened, then narrowed. How dare he mention José? Then, Alejandro changed the route. We arrived at the Nile. "There's the finish line!!" Tyler screamed.
"Yeah," Noah sighs, "on the other side!!!"
We saw alligators, and Chris explained the third party if our challenge. We were going to weave a boat. Then, sierra began going crazy about how she can basket weave.
"Useful..." I said.
"Very." Alejandro agreed.
"Like you were, for your ex." Tyler snapped.
"Please," I said, "Tyler, listen, I would have much rather wished it was you." He rolled his eyes. Then, Izzy and sierra switched.
"WHAT!!?!?" Alejandro and I said at the same time. Then, to make it worse, Chris ALLOWED the switch.
"As you wish." I sighed. Then, Alejandro blew a kiss at Heather. I felt furry boil inside me. I turned away, and walked back to the team, and helped them weave.
"Don't give up." I said. "We have a shot."
"Marie is right! Right Al?" Owen said.

Maria Confessional
"I have no problem being called, 'Marie.'" I grimaced. "That's not.. It's just... I have a headache." I fake grimaced.
End of confessional.

I saw Lindsay's team arrive, and I waved at her. She waved back. Tyler glared at me.
"What's wrong, Señor?" I asked Tyler, as we were moving down the Nile.
"Don't. Talk. To. Lindsay." He said, and then, a don't bell rang.
~Rowing time~
Then, ironically, Zeke list his stick.
"Tyler," I said, pulling him alone. "How many times do I need to apologize?"
"You kissed Lindsay. I can't forgive you for that."
"My apologies. I did not know you two were an item."
"Sure. Go kiss José."
"I'd prefer to talk about something else."
He left, but then I saw Alejandro appear.
"Oh. Hey.. You look lovely."
"Cut the act. Your a lesbian, too?"
"In not lesbian. And what do you mean by too?"
"Tyler said you kissed Lindsay. And, it's obvious Acacia doesn't like guys. She didn't flirt back."
"It's called BISEXUAL. I date girls and guys. Also, Acacia isn't the type of girl to flirt back."
"Also, what'd Tyler mean, 'go kiss José?'"
"Why don't you like being called Al?"
"Why don't YOU like being called marie?"
"My sister."
"My brother. José." José is Alejandro's brother? Plot twist!!
"Burro muerto?" I questioned. He nodded, and once he did I gasped.
"But..." I trailed off.
"I'm not like him! Except in good looking. But, other than that, we basically aren't related."
"I believe you. But, we should stick together, out if our team..." I began.
"We're the smartest!!" We both finished.
"Deal." He says, and we hugged.