Lice Infestation

Operation: L.I.C.E:

Lice

Interrupt

Cheese

Eating

My Pov

I was currently with Numbuh 5 and where we were was in my 'home' on a snack run.

"Numbuh 5, remind me why we didn't just go to the deli around the from the treehouse?" I asked,

"Because, things taste better when you take 'em from the Delightful Chumps." Numbuh 5 simply said.

"Sure, but keep in mind that if I'm caught, I'll be grounded into all of eternity!" I exclaimed.

"Don't worry. Numbuh 5's got your back." Numbuh 5 said. We hurried through the hallways making many turns until we passed one hall and came face-to-face with the Delightful Children.

"Dear me. If it isn't Numbuh 5 from the illustrious Kids Next Door with our little sister, Erika or should we say...Numbuh 7? We don't recall giving Erika permission to invite anyone into our humble home. Sir Toasty will have to chastise you both." the Delightful Children said.

"Time to toast Kids Next Door!" Sir Toasty exclaimed. Numbuh 5 grabbed a fire extinguisher that was placed not too far from us and pointed it at them.

"Don't move." Numbuh 5 warned.

"You think a fire extinguisher is going to help you?" the DCFDTL asked.

"Hold on." Numbuh 5 said. I didn't question her. I grabbed on to her and she pointed the extinguisher hoes down, propelling us in the air and over the Delightful Children. We broke into a run.

"Get them Sir Toasty!" the Delightful Children exclaimed. I could hear the fiery knight chasing after us. As we got close to the door, a metal door started sliding down. Numbuh 5 threw the extinguisher and stopped the door from closing. We both slid under the metal door.

"Numbuh 5, your hat!" I said. She touched her head and then quickly grabbed it.

"Adios Delightful Dorks." Numbuh 5 said as we walked away.

DCFDTL's Pov

We heard Numbuh 5 through the door. We smirked as we held her real hat.

"Adios Kids Next Door." we said. We snickered at the thought of of what was in store for them. Then we all looked at each other. "Although, I do feel bad for our little sister. Well, this will teach her a lesson."

My Pov

We finally made it back to the treehouse.

"Numbuh 5 and Numbuh 7's got the goods." Numbuh 5 said, opening her backpack and took out the bag of tortilla chips.

"Tortilla chips. Complements of the Delightful Children From Down The Lane. Dig in." I said. I poured the chips in a bowl, and pulled the string and cheese came from a large container. We all started chowing down.

"Why didn't you just go to the deli around the corner?" Numbuh 4 said.

"Like I told Numbuh 7, chips taste better when you take 'em from those Delightful Chumps." Numbuh 5 said. Just as she was about to bite into a cheese-covered chip, she started to furiously scratch her head. Then, her hat began expanding. Then, a giant bug burst from the hat and scampered off into a different part of the treehouse.

"That was funny! Do it again." Numbuh 3 giggled.

"What was that Numbuh 1?" Numbuh 2 asked.

"Lice, and not just any kind. These Lice are hungry for hair!" Numbuh 1 said. Most of the hair that covered Numbuh 5's scalp had been eaten away.

"Wait'll I get my hands on that bug! I'm gonna-!" Numbuh 5 exclaimed, before being stopped by Numbuh 3.

"Gosh Numbuh 5! You look so... funny! Wait here. I'm gonna go get my camera." Numbuh 3 said, leaving to go to her room. I picked up what was left of Numbuh 5's hat. That's when I noticed something was different about it. Being part of Sector Z had made me very observant. Plus, Numbuh 5 had lent me her hat to cover my head and face when I was out past curfew and battling the DCFDTL. It was then I realized that this wasn't her hat.

"Numbuh 5, this isn't your hat! Those Delightful Brats must have switched it before the door closed with this lice-infested one." I said, handing it to her. Numbuh 5 confirmed this. That's when a pricing scream echoed to us.

"Easy Numbuh 2. It's not that surprising." Numbuh 1 said.

"That wasn't me." Numbuh 2 said.

"That came from Numbuh 3's room!" Numbuh 4 said. We hurried to her room and found that the giant lice had partially to almost completely devoured all of her plush toys. We decided to deal with the lice, especially when it turned out the first one had laid a large amount of eggs that hatched and we're growing fast. A large one came after us. Out of fear, Numbuh 2 threw a bowl of nacho cheese at it. What happened next, could only be described as the scene from the 'Wizard of Oz' where the Wicked Witch of the West melted. We filled large containers with cheese. In order to fill the treehouse and get all of the lice, we had to go to the source and press the panic button.

"Alright team. Move out!" Numbuh 1 commanded. As we made our way, we lost Numbuhs 2, 3 and 4. Soon, only me, Numbuh 5 and Numbuh 1 made it to the source. Numbuh 1 ran from the button, but the first lice, now giant and mutated, popped out of the floor. It grabbed him, but since he had no hair. It threw him to the side and grabbed Numbuh 5.

"Numbuh 7, it's up to you!" Numbuh 5 exclaimed. I thought and remembered the maneuver Numbuh 5 used in the Delightful mansion. I copied the movement and headed to the button. I was mere inches away, when I felt a sharp yank on my hair. The gigantic lice was starting to eat my hair. I dug through my pocket and pulled out a switchblade, a very late birthday present from Father. I grabbed a section of my hair and cut the hair below my clenched fist. I lunged forward and slammed my fist on the button. The entire treehouse filled with cheese. The very next day, we pulled the switch-a-roo the DCFDTL had pulled with Numbuh 5's hat with Lenny's helmet.