Rainbow Monkeys & Tears

Operation: F.E.R.A.L.: 

Friends 

Extract 

Really 

Ape-ified

Leader

My Pov

I arrived at Rainbow Monkey Island. Numbuh 5 had contacted me, telling me Numbuh 1 had disappeared after chasing the DCFDTL who had the code. I looked around for them, all while calling out for Numbuh 1.

Me: "Numbuh 1! Numbuh 1! Can you hear me?" Chocolate and Vanilla were trying to track him, but no luck. I didn't hear any answer. I was starting to think I wouldn't find anyone when some bushes started rustling. The rest of Sector V emerged from the bushes.

Numbuh 5: "Numbuh 7! Any luck?" I shook my head. That's when a low growl came from another bush. Chocolate and Vanilla both growled back, but I picked them up to keep them from running after it. The rustling grew louder and closer. That's when something jumped out and roared out us. We all held each other and yelled. That's when we saw it was a kid and not just any kid...

Numbuh 2: "Is that..."

All: "Numbuh 1?" He was acting and howling like a monkey. He was wearing clothing made of leaves and had the same rainbow sticking out of his head like a Rainbow Monkey.

Me: "Numbuh 1?" He turned to me and growled. He jumped at me and started sniffing me. I was nervous and uncomfortable with him sniffing me like animal. That's when he licked my cheek. "Ew!" I wiped the saliva off my cheek while Numbuh 1 jumped around, happy as can be. Then he jumped on Numbuh 2 and started kissing him all over his face.

Numbuh 5: "We better get Numbuh 1 off this island before he starts kissin' us." We took Numbuh 1 back to Moonbase and explained the situation to Numbuh 86.

Numbuh 86: "Well, until Numbuh 1 snaps out of it, you'll need a new leader."

Numbuh 3: "But we don't want a new leader."

Numbuh 86: "The Kids Next Door's code book says: 'All Sectors must have a leader, even if just temporary'." After both Numbuh 5 and Numbuh 2 refused to be leader and Numbuh 4's  failed attempts to get Numbuh 86 to notice him, she looked at me and Numbuh 3.

Numbuh 86: "Alright. Numbuh 7, you're now in charge." Me?

Numbuh 5: "It's too bad Numbuh 1's the only one who knows what the code is."

Numbuh 86: "What!? Why didn't you tell me he had the code? Follow me!" She brought us to the KND scientists who were trying to find a way to get Numbuh 1 back to normal. They were bickering about using something called 'Element L'.

Numbuh 71.562: "Using Element L is the only chance of restoring Numbuh 1 to his original self."

Numbuh 74.239: "Using Element L is extremely dangerous! Who knows what will happen?" They looked at me for an anwser.

Me: "Do it."

Numbuh 74.239: "Fine, but I want everyone to get behind the barriers before Element L gets here." Several doors appeared around the outside of the area. We each got behind one just as a crate was rolled out. It opened to reveal Lizzie dressed in what I would describe as funeral attire. "Lizzie, be very cautious about approaching Numbuh 1." Lizzie carefully approached the cage Numbuh 1 was locked in. Numbuh 1 began howling fiercely and broke the cage. He grabbed Lizzie and started kissing her.

Lizzie: "I think I like this Nigie better!"

73.239: "It looks like Numbuh 1 is ape-fied forever!"

Me: "What was so important about that code?"

Numbuh 4: "Yeah. What's so special about it?"

Numbuh 86: "The person who finds it wins a free Rainbow Monkey keychain." What followed was Numbuh 1 yelling at the top of his lungs.

Numbuh 1: "A KEY CHAIN?! You mean to tell me I risked my life, endangered my team and spent valuable KND resources, so you can win a stupid key chain?! Being a Kids Next Door operative is serious buisness! It's not some stupid keychain hunt." Me and the rest of Sector V hugged Numbuh 1, happy to have him back to normal. Numbuh 1 pushed us off, saying we were messing up his leaves.

Lizzie: "Oh, well. It was nice while it lasted." Numbuh 1 disappeared for a little while and then came back.

Me: "Where have you been?"

Numbuh 1: "Just paid the Delightful Children a visit. They decided to play with the Rainbow Monkeys."

Me: "Speaking of them and I know this is weird for me to ask, but how are they?"

Numbuh 2: "Same as always. Evil and delightful."

Numbuh 3: "Actually, they look really sad. They always have a sad look on their faces. Especially after we beat them." I needed to go over there.

Me: "I'll be right back." I got up and went over to the mansion. I had taken an umbrella with me since a lot of clouds were moving in. I still had my key, so I let myself in. I looked around and listened for any sound. I looked in the ballroom, library, dining room, living room and their room but nothing. I was going back downstairs when I heard Father's voice. I pressed my ear against the door.

Father: "Those brats! Honestly, they're completely useless. The next time I see them, they are going to be severly punished." A flash of lightning lit up the room and a loud clap of thunder made the mansion vibrate. I quietly snuck out of the mansion. Rain poured down as thunder and Lightning filled the sky. I started running, looking for the DCFDTL. I had to yell their names as the thunder would muffle my calls.

Me: "Bruce! Ashley! Lenny! Constance! David!" No answer. Where would they be? Where would they go? I somehow came to the school and saw them. The DCFDTL were sitting on the steps, soaked and crying. I walked up to them and held the umbrella over them. They snapped their heads up. Even with how hard it was raining I could see the tears coming from their eyes.

DCFDTL: "Erika..." Their voices were hushed and filled with fear. That's when I noticed the bruises on their faces.

Me: "Did he hurt you?" They each look away and started crying even harder. I held out my hand. Bruce took my hand. I pulled them up and got in the middle of their formation so I could hold the umbrella over all of us. We walked back to Numbuh 1's house in silence. We got there and went inside. Aunt Mary-Ann got each of of them a cup of soup and took their uniforms to dry them. I found 5 sets of pajamas for them to wear(blue for the boys and pink for the girls)and helped them dry off. "What happened?" They looked at each before they did something that surprised me; they spoke out of sync.

Bruce: "It started when you left. Father seemed to get angry more often, especially when we failed to do a mission right."

David: "When he found out what happened today..."

Ashley: "That seemed to push him over the edge."

Lenny: "He yelled at us more than he ever had before."

Constance: "Then he actually hit all of us."

Me: "Well then, you guys are going to stay here." They looked at me confused. "You can all sleep in the guest room, since I sleep in the treehouse. Also, if you're worried about Sector V, don't. You wake up earlier than anyone I know. You can eat breakfast down here while they eat in the treehouse and we could meet up at the bus stop and they would never know." They all agreed, seeing as they didn't want to go back to the mansion. I showed them to the guest room. It was simple enough and the bed was actually pretty big.

DCFDTL: "Erika, could you please sleep in the bed with us?" I looked at them confused, but agreed seeing they needed to be comforted. I went and got my puppies and put them in a small dog bed Numbuh 1's dog used when it was little. I climbed into the bed, in between David and Lenny. For some reason, I felt a lot better with them near me and so did they. For the first time in along time, I got a decent night's sleep.