Sickness and Care

Operation S.I.C.K.: 

Seriously 

Ill 

Children 

Knocked-out

My Pov

I stretched my legs to find a bunch of room. I shot up to see the DCFDTL weren't in bed. I got up and started looking for them. I hoped that Sector V hadn't seen them. As I got down to the kitchen I heard a unison of sneezes and coughs. I went into the living room and saw the DCFDTL sitting on the couch. They looked tired with faded black rims under their eyes, their noses were red from being snuffed up and runny, they each had an ice pack on their heads and thermometers sticking out their mouths. Lenny didn't have his helmet on and Constance didn't have her hair braided. They looked at me with half-opened eyes.

DCFDTL: "Good morning Erika."

Me: "What happened? Did you get sick over night?" They nodded their heads. "But you dried off as soon as I got you here. How long were you been in the rain?"

DCFDTL: "An hour before you found us." They were really sick. That's when Aunt Mary-Ann came out with a tray, each had a small bowl of soup.

Mrs. Uno: "Erika, watch your siblings until I get back. I going to pick up some medicine for the poor things. Make sure they drink plenty of liquids and stay warm." She grabbed her purse and walked outside. I heard the car start and heard it drive away. I noticed all the wadded up tissues in the wastebasket. I handed each of them a bowl of soup.

Me: "I'll make each a glass of mint tea with ice. It might help cool your bodies down." I went into the kitchen and began fixing the tea. I got five glasses and put four ice cubes in each one. I filled the glasses with the green liquid and carefully took it to the DCFDTL. They ate their soup and drank all their tea by the time my aunt got back.

Mrs. Uno: "Well, the five of you look much better than when I left. Has Erika been taking good care of you?"

DCFDTL: "Oh, yes. Erika has been very attentive." She gave each of them a small medicine cup of this dark liquid, which from the expression on their faces didn't taste good. She took their bowls and glasses to the kitchen and I helped wash them. After that I sat on the recliner and watched some cartoons. "Erika, could you sit with us?" I nodded. I gently wiggled in between and sat on David's lap. I felt blush creep on my face. As we watched cartoons, I felt David's arms wrap around my waist, causing my blush to grow. The other four children looked at me, not seeing David's arms around my waist.

Bruce: "Are you all right Erika?"

Me: "Yeah. Why do you ask?"

Lenny: "Your face is turning red."

Ashley: "I hope you're not getting sick." Constance put a hand on my forehead.

Constance: "She doesn't feel warm."

David: "Well, if she gets sick then It will be our turn to take care of her." I had a feeling my face was rosie red now. I could hear the emphasis David put on 'our' and 'her'. The others turned their attention back to the TV. I felt David hug me closer. I gripped his arms. Sure enough, the next day I got sick. Thankfully, Sector V was going on a mission, so the DCFDTL were able to come into the treehouse. David sat on my bed and had my head on his lap.

Me: "David, are you okay? You've been acting a little weird."

David: "In all honestly, I don't know myself. Something inside me just says to do this." Numbuh 0.2... the Sector Z David. He was still in there. He had to be. Why else would this David be nice to me? I reached up and moved some of his hair from his face, revealing one of his Delightfulized blue eyes.