Another New Baby?

Annabeth's P.O.V

The twins were sleeping soundly, so was I for once. They were almost ten months old now.

Thanksgiving had past, and now Christmas was coming up. So was Piper's baby.

I woke up laying next to my one and only, Percy. He snored softly, and of course, drooled in his sleep. Only Percy, I thought.

It was about 10:30 AM on a Sunday morning, so Perce was off of work. I left the bedroom and walked into the living room, which was hopelessly under decorated.

I went into the storage closet and began getting all of our Christmas decorations out, and began decorating everything.

From the living room, the hallway, and the kitchen. Suddenly I heard a creaking from down the hall, so I walked as quietly as I could towards it.

I noticed it was Percy, so I hid behind the corner and waited for him to come close. "Boo!" I exclaimed, and Percy nearly hit the roof.

"Annabeth!" He growled, a smile slowly spreading across his face.

"Admit it Perce, I got you good!" I laughed, as he engulfed me in a tackle-hug.

When he let go I went to the kitchen to feed Max, and made sure he had water.

"Percy, I have to take Max to the vet today." I said, but he only gave me a confused look. "You booked his appointment last month.. He needs the rest of his shots," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Gotcha." Percy said, nodding. "Also, lovely decorating, Annabeth." He added.

"Thank you, Percy." I said smiling.

Percy smiled and rummaged through the cabinets for some breakfast. "Perce," I asked, turning towards him.

"Yes, Wise Girl?" He replied, straightening out.

"Are you going to be okay with the twins by yourself? Or do you need me to call Piper?" I asked.

"I think I can handle the twins myself," Percy said, but then hesitated.

"Are you sure?" I asked, raising an eyebrow questioningly.

"Umm.. Maybe it'd be better to call Piper.." He replied, his face reddening slightly.

I nodded in satisfaction, and went to go grab my phone. I sent Piper a text and went to go grab a toy for Max.

I also grabbed his leash, quickly getting his attention by waving the toy, I clicked his leash on.

"I'll be back in just a little bit Percy," I said, as a text message popped up on my screen, and walked Max out of the door.

Piper left her apartment and waddled over to ours, as best as she could being heavily pregnant and all. She waved to me as I got in my car and headed to the vet.

///

"So, Annabeth, these are Max's last shots," The vet said, "For a little while at least."

"Thank you so much!" I said, lifting poor Max off of the cold exam table and setting him down gently to the floor.

"You can make your next appointment and then you're free to go," She said smiling. I nodded and went to the front desk, planing my next appointment.

"That'll be March 10th then," The receptionist said. I nodded and wrote it down in my calendar.

"C'mon Mighty Max," I said, walking towards the toy aisle.

"You can pick a toy for being such a good boy," I said, petting his soft head for a moment.

Almost as if he understood, he shot off towards the squeaky toys to dig his nose into. I laughed and watched as he grabbed a fox toy with a loud squeaker inside.

I picked up the toy from Max and brought it over to the register, my phone started vibrating in my pocket as the cashier checked us out.

"Hello?" I said, picking up the phone, finishing my payment to the man.

Annabeth? Its-Its Piper..

"Piper?" I asked worriedly.

Her- Her water broke, Annabeth! B-But---

"But what Percy??" I asked, a twisting feeling in my stomach forming.

There's a monster--

Then the line went dead.

///

OH MY GODS THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR 10K READS! AHH!!!

i can't believe this book has gotten that far.. wow...

anyways, once this chapter is posted, i am going to go through MAJOR editing..

so don't expect a new chapter soon..

thanks sooooo much!!!

have a nice day
xx