The Storm

(sorry i skipped so much!!)

Annabeth's P.O.V

It was March, next month was my due date. My stomach was very large from carrying twins, and every hour and a half I get very very tired. Then when I wake up I'm hungry. . .

I can get through this, it's only for a month then I get two crying twins, oh gods help me.

"Bye Annabeth," Percy said, kissing my forehead. I smiled and waved as he strolled out of the house. I opened the curtains to let some sunshine in the apartment because I was going to do some cleaning.

A shadow fell across the living room as a cloud blotted out the sun, it was dark gray and looked like it was full of rain. It wasn't the only one.

I frowned and closed the curtains and began cleaning, you wouldn't believe the mess Percy makes. I sighed and continued throwing away trash and rearranging the way things sat on the coffee tables and such.

Next I walked into the bedroom and made the bed, pulling the sheets up and the comforter up to the pillows.

After that I started throwing laundry into baskets in the hallway, slowly but surely I managed to finish sorting the clothes, so I took a load and threw it into the washing machine.

The kitchen was next, I organized the cans and boxes in the cabinets in an orderly fashion, and sighed. I worked on the bathroom then sat down on the couch.

I heard a loud thunderclap and leaped up, Zeus must be really upset. Then I heard the sound of rain slowly getting louder and louder. I walked over to the window and peeked outside, it was so dark it could be night.

"Oh gods.." I murmured, I heard my phone ringing and I picked it up, Percy was calling me.

"Hello?" I asked.

A-Annabeth... The rain is already starting to flood the school, I have to stay because we are locked in and the kids need calming.

"O-Okay Perc.. But be safe, please.." I whispered.

It's okay Wise Girl, I've survived worse, I'll be fine.

I smiled and he hung up. Someone knocked rapidly on the door. I hurried over and opened the door slowly, trying to figure out who was there.

Piper was standing there, soaked.

"Piper! Oh my gods, come inside!" I said, opening the door wider for her.

"Where's Jason?" I asked.

"W-Work, he won't be coming home because the flood." She said, shivering.

"Perc too. I guess we'll be staying together until the storm goes away." I replied, then I remembered she was shivering. I ran into the hall and grabbed a towel, wrapping it around Piper, then I pushed her to sit in front of the heater.

I made two cups of coffee and handed Piper one, "Thanks Annabeth." She murmured, I smiled and sat beside her.

"So, what made you come here?" I asked, she turned. Piper's kaleidoscope eyes changing ever so slowly, blue, brown, green, any color an eye could be.

"I-I have something to tell you." She said, staring at the coffee cup in her hands.

"What is it?" I asked, leaning forward slightly.

"I-I'm. . . Pregnant." Piper stammered.

"Oh my gods, Piper! That's great." I said, hugging her. "When did you find out?" I asked.

"A month and a half ago. I think." She replied, I smiled.

Just then a loud thunderclap boomed and the power shut off. "Uh oh." Piper said, both of us frowning in concern.