Chapter 25

After Wednesdays talk with Carrie, Yesterdays stupefying realization over my feelings with Zach, I was all too ready for Friday's rehearsal to come and go so I could wallow by myself at home until I came to a solid conclusion about what was going on with my life.

Yet, as I would soon discover, Friday would be the most astounding day of them all.

I had just finished up Alice's scene in the strip club where she performs for Larry, Jacksons character. As I strutted off stage, sex appeal oozing from my pores thanks to the help of the overtly confident attitude of Alice, I noticed Kaleb perched against a set piece, ankles and arms crossed as he waited for me.

He shook his head as I approached, his eyes shimmering with a combination of irritation and hunger wrapped into one, his lips dipping into a frown as he spoke.

"I don't think I'll ever be able to watch that scene without wanting to rip Jackson's eyes out."

I stifled a laugh as I too perched myself against the set piece with Kaleb.

"You know you don't have to watch the scene."

"You're skimping around stage in very little clothing, Peaches. I'd have to be brain dead to not want to watch you," he stated as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Every guy in this theaters gonna be watching you once we open the show," Kaleb grumbled out, his eyes drifting down to the spandex shorts and skin tight tank top I was wearing while my actual costume was still in the works.

"If I'm not mistaken, I would say that you're a tad bit jealous, Mr. Young."

Kaleb's head reared back some with my use of his last name, his gaze sprouting with glee and his pink lips tilting into a playful, lopsided smile as he responded.

"And if I'm not mistaken, I think you're still a tad bit into character, Ms. Johnson," he replied back, his tone just as flirtatious as mine.

I shrugged my one shoulder teasingly and peered up and him through my thick lashes, a sly smile playing at my lips.

"Maybe."

Kaleb's eye's darkened, a heated warning look overtaking his chiseled features.

"Careful with that look, Peaches. After watching you on stage and now with that sexy look you've got going, I'm highly inclined to pick up exactly where we left off in the lobby a couple weeks ago." Kaleb's words dripped with sensuality and a pleasurable promise. His stare was dominating over mine and his simple, yet erotic words had caused a pulse to begin to simmer with my core.

If you could have any man in the world...

Carries question flitted through my mind as I held Kaleb's heated gaze, an extreme urge to voice my own question that had been migrating through my mind the last couple days became almost impossible to resist.

So I didn't.

"Can I ask you a question?"

Kaleb eyes dissipated of all hunger as he turned himself into me until he was standing in front of me, almost sandwiching me between the set piece and his body.

His brows dipped in concern, his voice soft and gentle as he spoke.

"What is it?"

A burst of anxiety and fear of rejection rolled through my body; my chest constricting preemptively for his denial.

"Um... what would happen or what would you do if, uh..." I spared a look at Kaleb, immediately dropping my eyes back down from his intense stare.

Just spit it out, Lee.