Against the Hogwarts houses...

Okay, before I can defend Slytherin I need to talk about the houses as a whole. They make no sense!

The reason Voldemort came to power was because he believed that what he was doing was right. I have a bit of a philosophy, "everyone believes their actions are right." I also have one about weirdness, but that's for another day. So the reason the houses are stupid is that the students are separated by the way they see life, not what they find interesting or who matches their personality.

sarahthebookacorn and I (really just her but whatever) have a theory that students are separated by their values and out looks on life, if you take a look at the students you'll find that interests and personality traits don't usually match up, and if it does it's by luck, you can take a look at they golden trio for that.

Hermione, Ron and Harry value bravery and friendship, but Hermione is a huge bookworm and learner, Harry and Ron are rule breakers and don't care to much about learning, yet they've been sorted into the same house because the all think the world should be run the same way.

Same with Voldemort, he was put in a place where he was surrounded by yes men (or women) and wasn't given another look at how other people see the world. Like writing a paper on something, say how turtles are the greatest animal on Earth, and having a load of people who also love turtles correct your facts. Your results aren't going to be accurate if you're surrounded by yes men (or women)!

Wouldn't it make more sense to separate the artsy or sporty or nerdy kids together, where they would get along? Say this group of kids all really like potions, but they're all in separate houses. Wouldn't it be better for the kids and people they get along with to be put together?

Also, why are they sorted at the age of eleven of all times, just wheb puberty is beginning and they're just figuring out how the world works? And if they already see the world one way, isn't it better for their learning if they havr different perspectives, you know, empathy and stuff? This doesn't make sense! So with that in mind, let's go over the defense of Slytherin.