•nine•

October 29, 2015

"Viv." Blake walked into Vivian's room as she was about to walk out, and he studied her outfit — a tank top and sweatpants. She had just taken a shower, and she just wanted to lounge around the house because she was tired. "Why aren't you dressed?"

"Dressed for?"

Blake furrowed his eyebrows and chuckled lightly, not sure if she was messing with him. "It's the first home game of the season."

Vivian pursed her lips together and nodded slowly. She knew what Blake was talking about, but she just wanted to mess with him. Truth be told, she just didn't want to go to the game.

"Oh, yeah, I'm not going." She walked past him and down the stairs to the living room, and Blake followed her.

"What do you mean you're not going?"

She giggled a little and turned to face him. "I don't wanna go, so I'm not going. I don't even like basketball."

Vivian laughed again when Blake's eyes widened. It was no secret that she wasn't a fan of the sport, but she made an effort to like it for Blake.

"You're telling me this whole time you've never liked basketball?" Vivian nodded. "But you were at every single game in high school and every home game in college."

"I was being a supportive girlfriend. Then when you got to the NBA, I had to be the supportive wife."

Blake smirked before taking a large step toward Vivian. "What about now? Don't you wanna be the supportive baby mama?"

She playfully tapped her index finger to her chin as she "thought" about his suggestion. "Hell no. Don't you already have one of those?" she teased.

Blake laughed sarcastically, and Vivian laughed along with him. She didn't know if it was because she was pregnant or because she was tired of being mad at him, but she & Blake had been getting along much better recently. It was almost as if they were still married.

"But for real, can you just go get ready, please?" Blake asked, putting his arm around Vivian's shoulders while leading her toward the stairs.

She groaned, knowing he wouldn't leave her alone until she agreed to go. "Fine!"

He planted a big kiss on her cheek, and she playfully rolled her eyes as she went upstairs to get dressed.

Vivian was only in Staples Center for about ten minutes, and she was already ready to leave. She desperately wanted to call Uber so she could go home, but she promised Blake she would stay for the whole game, and she was going to keep her promise.

"Miss Vivian!"

She looked up from her phone and smiled when she saw Chris Jr. and his mom, Jada, walking in her direction.

She jumped up to give them a hug. "Hi!"

"We have missed you so much!" Jada exclaimed. "What are you doing here?"

Vivian put her hand on her stomach, and Jada's eyes doubled in size as she smiled. "We came to support Blake."

"Congratulations!" Jada squealed, pulling Vivian in for a hug. "I think I wanted y'all to have a baby more than anyone, so I'm happy for y'all."

The two women were so invested in their conversation, neither of them noticed Brynn & Ford were coming in their direction.

"Hi, Jada."

Jada slowly turned around and greeted Brynn with a smile while Vivian bit the inside of her cheek. She knew Brynn would be at the game, and that was the main reason she wanted to stay home.