Epilogue

To: Soldiers of the Military of Silver

From: Avalon Chase, Commander of the Military

RE: rebel attack on the Capitol on January 20 2123 at approx. 19:00 hrs.

My Fellow Soldiers:

Yesterday was a day that will forever be remembered in Silver's history. As you all know, during the President's party at the Capitol a rebel attack occurred. The culprits, mainly teenagers and young adults, managed to sway our young President to join their cause and, despite our best efforts to capture them, the rebels managed to escape with him in their care.

As all of you well know, the attack came with many losses. The first, of course, was our President, without whom our government is in shambles. Our other losses consisted of 23 soldiers, between one hundred and two hundred rebels, and a handful of innocent partygoers and bystanders. This is unacceptable. I expected an attack to take place soon, but I didn't believe that there would be nearly as many losses resulting.

Of course, in coinciding with the rebels, Magnus Wilcox is partly to blame for this bloodshed, and should be punished accordingly. At this time, we know of his "hiding place" just outside the city--the tracker that was implanted in him as a child most certainly helps with that. However, we will not pursue him at this time, not at a time of great mourning for the people and devastation to our forces.

Even when we do find him, I suspect that he will not come peacefully. However, I have many plans in mind for getting the rebels to hand him over.

Once the President has returned, he will be tried for treason and punished accordingly, as well as the rebel forces aiding in his escape. Of course, he will be removed from office and I, his closest advisor and one of the most powerful individuals in the government system, will be appointed supreme leader according to Silver law.

In the meantime, my friends and colleagues, I do hope that those of you who were injured in the attacks will make speedy recoveries, and will be able to be reactivated for service within the coming weeks. This is sure to be an extremely turbulent time for this country, having a leader who is defecting, but with our forces recovering to full strength it will make everything much less difficult. After all of this unfolds, I will be forever in your debt.

With best regards,

Commander Avalon Chase