t h r e e

"get the fuck out," anakin demands. his hands are shaking, and padmé tries to calm him by trapping his hand in between hers. "get the fuck out of my room."

"i think you mean our room," obi-wan corrects uncaringly, "and, uh, no. i'm unpacking right now, dude." he gestures to his stuff. anakin hates the way his voice sounds, all warm and velvety and nice. like, no. fucking stop that.

"don't you say our like that, asshole! i'm not sharing anything with you!"

"yeah, well, doesn't look like we have much of a choice." obi-wan shrugs. "they haven't moved another bed in yet, either, so looks like we'll have to share." he doesn't wiggle his eyebrows or wink or anything like that, but his mouth shifts just slightly enough into a smirk to piss anakin off.

"you fucking stop that," anakin snaps. his temper is only slightly increasing; he can feel it in the back of his mind, throbbing.

"i'm not doing anything," obi-wan says innocently. "am i, padmé?"

"don't fucking talk to her!"

"it's okay, ani." padmé's voice is small, but not scared. "listen, obi-wan, i don't think this is such a good idea..."

"it'll be fine."

"no, listen." padmé pauses, thinking of how to word it. "anakin gets very...angry sometimes. small things can trigger it, and i don't think you egging him on will be very helpful for him when he's trying to manage it."

anakin loves her so much in that moment. 

"i know," is all obi-wan says, surprising them both. "it's fine. yelling never bothered me, and it's not like i couldn't defend myself if he tried to attack me or something."

"um, i'm right here," anakin states, sick of them talking like he isn't three feet away from both of them. "and, you know, i've never had problems with attacking anyone before, but you're making me want to right now."

obi-wan laughs. he actually fucking laughs. "are you sure you're not into guys, anakin? that kind of sounded like an invitation for me to fuck you."

"oh my god," anakin murmurs. he actually has to close his eyes and pinch the bridge of his nose.

obi-wan looks over at padmé. "was that too far? i'm sorry."

"what the fuck? now you're fucking apologizing? what is happening? what the actual fuck is going on?" anakin is so confused, and he has a stress headache. "padmé? can we leave?"

"are you okay?"

anakin still has his eyes shut. "yes. i need to leave, right now, before i strangle him to death."

"sounds kinky." anakin can hear the smirk in obi-wan's voice.

"stop fucking talking!"

"come on, ani." padmé's small, warm hand on his elbow, leading him out of the room. "are you all right?"

"i'm going to kill him." anakin doesn't sound angry, just scared; he's actually scared he'll hurt obi-wan. "he keeps saying little things to get under my skin...i don't want to snap. you know i can't control it. i'll snap and i hurt him, and as much as i hate the asshole, i don't want to go to prison over him."

padmé rolls her eyes. "you're not going to prison, anakin."

"i don't know. i really might if i have to live there with him."

"simple, then," padmé says, "we get you a new roommate."