f o u r

"you trust me, right, anakin?"

padmé's question is innocent and well-meant, but it still pisses anakin off. he feels the anger at his temple, and he clenches his jaw. of course he trusts padmé. how could he not? in all his eighteen years of life, padmé has been the one constant in his life.

"yes, of course," he manages, but his voice is rough. she flashes him an apologetic smile.

"just making sure." she pushes the door open to the administration office, and anakin follows after her. "if anyone would know if there are any singles left, it would be this office."

"okay." anakin is nervous for some reason; obi-wan's smirk is still bugging him.

"go on," padmé urges, nudging him towards the desk.

he turns to her with a pout. "won't you do it for me?"

she laughs and shoves him. "go, ani."

so he goes, glaring back at her as he does so. as he makes his way to the desk, his shoulders un-tense a little. cassie is the receptionist, and she's really nice. padmé often teases that she has a crush on him, which anakin brushes off.

"cassie," anakin beams, and she smiles back shyly, tucking her hair behind her ear.

"hi, anakin," she smiles. "um, how are you?"

"good," he says softly, his smile widening as her cheeks go pink. "i just have a question, i need to figure something out."

"okay," she nods.

"so...i live in a single, but i just got a roommate, and --"

"anakin something-something skywalker," obi-wan's voice calls, and anakin groans, dropping his head forward so it smacks against the administration desk. "what the fucking fuck do you think you're doing?"

"leave me aloooone," anakin whines dramatically, his voice quiet and annoyed.

obi-wan makes his way past the people in line until he reaches anakin.

"is this your way of breaking up with me?" obi-wan asks.

cassie's head snaps over to him. "you're gay?"

"no!" anakin yelps, embarrassed.

"to which question?" obi-wan asks, smirking now.

"cassie's!"

"so we're still together then," obi-wan nods, seeming content.

"we're not together, you fucker! i'm not gay!"

"that's not what you were saying last night while i was fucking you."

"i wasn't even --" anakin stops himself, closing his eyes again. "i'd never even spoken to you before earlier today, obi-wan."

"sure you had. you were calling me daddy last night as i had you bent over the --"

"do you see why i don't want to room with him?" anakin interrupts to cassie, who, annoyingly enough, is giggling into her palm. his temple is throbbing; this is going to go south very quickly. he rubs his temples, closing his eyes for a second, trying to calm down. when he opens his eyes, cassie is giving obi-wan her number. "what the hell?"

obi-wan looks over. "you jealous, baby boy? you're the one who said we weren't exclusive."

"please, for the love of god, stop speaking," anakin begs, sounding weary.

"don't pout. you know that gets me horny."

"padmé!" anakin calls, because he can't deal with this. he is going to choke this motherfucker out. she's at his side in a flash.

"what?"

anakin silently points his thumb in obi-wan's direction. he smiles and waves at her in response.

padmé nods, understanding instantly. anakin has another rush of affection towards her.

"cassie, do you have any single rooms left?" she asks, voice no-nonsense.

cassie shakes her head, apologetic. "sorry, they're all gone. they're not accepting any transfers right now, either," she adds when padmé opens her mouth.

"so he couldn't transfer to stay with me?"

cassie shakes her head. "no, co-eds aren't an option right now either."

anakin groans loudly again. "so i havw to stay with this fucker?"

"don't be like that," obi-wan says, "we'll have a good time."

"if by good time, you mean me choking you out, absolutely."

"i prefer doing the choking, but if you call me daddy while you're doing it, i'd be down."

"please save me," anakin begs to cassie.

"sorry. i would if i could," cassie smiles apologetically.

obi-wan nods at cassie. "i'll text you, keep you posted on how good of a bottom he is."

"i'm gonna put it on my blog," she responds, and obi-wan laughs.

"okay, wait," anakin states, "if we were fucking -- AND WE ARE NOT, and never will -- i would definitely be the top."

cassie bites back a laugh, and obi-wan snorts. "keep dreaming, kid."

"fuck you."

"i'd rather fuck you, sweetheart."

anakin refrains from slamming his head against the desk. if this is how the rest of the semester, at the very least, is going to go, he's going to lose his mind.