Author's Note

Hi guys!

So I thought I'd just share some thoughts with you on SiSandals and the series as a whole. As many of you know, this series started out with SiSaddles as a book I wrote for my friend for Christmas, mostly a bunch of inside jokes. I never thought I would write sequels, and definitely not three of them. But then I kept thinking about it, and I loved the characters, and so I kept writing.

Of course, the characters definitely have matured and changed and become much more complex since SiSaddles, so they're hardly like anyone I know at all anymore. And, of course, we would never have Patrick or Jack or Angelo or Sofia or anyone else if I hadn't kept writing. I loved writing SiStilettos and SiSkates; in fact, I'm pretty sure I wrote SiStilettos in a little over a month, the fastest I've ever written a 50K word book. The story was fun to write and the characters were great to explore. So I'm very happy I wrote them.

That being said – sorry, I'm boring you, but there is a point to this. A year and a half later, I decided to write SiSandals, this book. It was a long thought process, I went back and forth multiple times about whether I should or I should just let the story lie, and to be honest with you, I've been going back and forth still even while writing it, right up to writing THE END all dramatic like that (usually it feels pretty great and sad to write that). I really still don't know if I should have written this book. I feel like it opened more plot holes and just made relationships more complicated. I guess it answered the plot hole of Zach's mom, and I liked developing his and Nat's relationship as well as Jack and Patrick's, and I don't mind the note it ended on – I just loved how SiSkates ended, and it felt so final so I just don't know if another book was overkill or not.

So! I wanted to ask you guys. What do you think? Did you like this fourth book or do you think the SiS universe could've been complete without it? I know you guys love reading updates and will probably read anything Nat and Zach that I put up here, and that's awesome, really. I appreciate that more than I can put into words, and you're the reason why I continued writing this book and kept uploading even as I struggled with it. So thank you to you. But I would love if you could give your input on what you thought of SiSandals.

Does it leave you with more questions than answers?

Do you like the way it ended?

Did SiSkates end better, like did it feel more final, or was this one okay?

Favorite characters and why?

Anything you wish you could've seen in this book?

Favorite part in the series (or just the book)?

Anything you wish I would change in the book?

Any parts you found slow and boring, or over-dramatized?

Okay, thank you so much! I appreciate it you taking the time to read this, hopefully, and giving me some feedback, hopefully! Thank you all SO MUCH for reading and supporting me all this time. I cannot express my gratitude for that; it has given me confidence as a person and as a writer when I really needed it. And reading your comments is honestly sometimes the highlight of my day :)

Love you all!

Gracias! <3 vb12331