Prologue

DreamWings:

Features: Have elegant faces adorned with several wavy horns. Can breath a white-lavender flame. Their scales vary through different colors of yellow edged with several shades of purple.

Abilities: Can breath a white hot flame. Can swim quite well. Some can create and control dreams although this talent is rare. The most rare power for a DreamWing was the power of hypnotism

Queen: Queen Cyly.

Prologue:

Secret flew as fast as she could. Surely by then the queen knew she was gone... she'd be looking for the precious cargo. And royalty wasn't the only thing following her. Suddenly, the egg in her off-white talons quivered. No, no! She thought, whipping her head around to see her pursuers. You CANNOT hatch now!

She made a sudden dive towards the ground, attempting to throw off the angry ball of red scales in pursuit. Then landing neatly on a muddy riverbank, she gently set the egg down.

Turning around to face the two snarling SkyWings, she was suddenly thrown forcefully to the ground, red claws circling her neck. "Who are you!" he hissed in her ear, "A better question is, what are you? Hybrids in our kingdom are forbidden!" Secret groaned. She knew she should have been more careful about being noticed; it was hard when your tribe was unknown. Since she would most likely be dead within the next few moments, she might as well tell them the truth.

"I- I am Secret of the DreamWings," She stammered, "and I have c-come to..." She trailed off. The truth sounded so twisted. She took a deep breath and let the story rush from her mouth, "My queen seeks an heir! Should she be unable to bear female eggs, I feared she would steal another female dragonet. Then, after taking mine, she would kill my little Mystery realizing that she wouldn't need her."

The second SkyWing, a female reddish-orange, barked a laugh, "Ooh a DreamWing! I am SO scared! And hiding from the queen? Indeed - a queen as real as a... well, I'd say a fairy tale but apparently you are one! Wait a minute - what's a DreamWing?"

"Quiet Falcon!" The first one ordered, "What are we going to do with her and that egg?"

"Well commander, I think we should get rid of her, take the egg to Queen Scarlett, and wrap up this boring patrol." Falcon retorted, "We're already late as it is."

Secret spoke up, "Please! I'll leave with my egg and never come back! She needs me!" The commander's grip tightened around her neck.

"Quiet strange dragon, you're obviously some illegal hybrid. And guess what? We have orders to kill illegal hybrids" The commander growled, his claws dangerously near the main artery in her throat "State the name of your parents Secret."

No! I wont let them take my dragonet! She suddenly kicked the commander off of her chest and flipped over into battle position. Falcon roared and leapt at her but she tossed her aside and made an attempt to pin the commander down. He slashed at Secret's face leaving a claw mark over her snout. She bellowed in pain and smashed her head into the commander's snout. Falcon stepped forward and leapt onto Secret's back, clawing at her wings. Secret threw her off and backed the young SkyWing against the river. Falcon looked worriedly at the rushing current, knowing that if she fell she would drown. Then Secret saw Falcon smile maliciously at an object near the bank.

"Well I suppose the queen can do without a little hybrid brat to worry about." She said. And before Secret could utter a cry, the SkyWing reached over and kicked the egg into the rushing current.

"NO!" Secret screamed, "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!" Then both SkyWings launched themselves at her, clawing, biting, and roaring until Secret was nearly dead.

Sides heaving the commander stepped off the dying dragon, "Well, that was more difficult than I thought. Come on lets head back to the palace." Falcon nodded and they both flew north. But Falcon hid in a small outcropping of rock to see what would happen.

Secret knew she would die, so why not make her last actions count? Gasping for breath she pulled herself towards the river. She looked down and there it was, the round purple-ivory colored egg safe and sound just beyond the bank. Using every ounce of strength, she dipped her tail in the river and pulled out her egg.

"There, there little one. Mother's got you," she said softly voice cracking as the egg hatched in her talons. A little pale yellow dragonet flecked with a deep purple tumbled out of the egg. The baby had as many horns as an IceWing, but they were wavy and edged with purple, the color matching the edges of her wings. Her tail was slender and her claws sharp and clean. She was beautiful.

"Awrk?" the dragonet squeaked. "Awrk, awrk?"

Tears filled Secret's eyes, for she knew her baby would not last long without her, "Oh Little one, my little Mystery, I- I really tried." And then taking one last breath, Secret was still.

"Miss-Tur-ee" the little dragonet chanted to herself, "Miss-tur-ee, MISS-tur-ee."

Meanwhile a large yellow dragon with dark magenta tints to her wings and horns circled the riverbank where the little dragonet was chattering. The scales of the DreamWing seemed to sing a haunting tune that made the hatchling feel she should obey this dragon's every word. Three other soldiers accompanied her each with his or her own shade of yellow and purple. She flicked her tail signaling to land. As soon as one of the soldiers caught a glimpse of Secret's broken form, she looked away. But the queen did not have so much of a weak stomach. She examined the claw marks on the body determining them as SkyWing. Then she leapt back when she saw the dragonet chanting in the mud.

"Ahh, so that's why you ran away Secret. Thought I wouldn't KNOW you had an egg. You knew I was looking for a heir." The queen gave a disdainful look to the body then walked up to the dragonet, who was staring intently at the large DreamWing.

"Vault, my darling son, take this little Mystery to the palace. Cryptic, collect the body. Conceal come with me." With that she flew away into the night.

After being collected into Vault's arms, thetiny dragonet looked north to catch a glimpse of a red orange dragondisappearing into the mountain. She stretched her claws out, as if to grab thewind. Then the young dragon carrying her took off towards the sea, towards herhome