Chapter three

Chapter three: Departure

"Wait! My darling dragonet- er- dragon!" Her mother exclaimed rushing into the main hall, "Oh I will miss you so much! Vault, keep a good eye on her."

"We'll be fine your majesty. Lets go!" Mystery said reassuringly. Then they shot out of the doors as SkyWings. Mystery couldn't believe how fast sheSoon the island they called home was a speck in the distance.

"So can I get all of you names? And can I get you to take off your disguises for a second?" Mystery shouted to be heard. Everyone obeyed.

"Mine is Vision." Said the off white and lavender dragon.

"And I'm Virus," shouted a bulky male with magenta and yellow scales.

"And I am Spector." a smooth voice came from over the princesses shoulder. She turned to see him and was surprised to see he was silver with shiny purple accents.

"Oh Vault, everyone knows you already." Vision giggled.

"Fine fine," Vault said flashing her a wicked smile. The pale dragon giggled again.

"Hey no flirting on the job! We are almost ready to land for the night!" And it was true; a dark island appeared in the distance. After flying another hour or so, Mystery landed neatly on the sandy bank of a distant island.

"According to this map, we should be approaching the north end of Pyrrhia." Virus stated, "You see? If the continent was a dragon, we would be landing on the tip of its wing."

Mystery tilted her head, "Huh, I never thought of Pyrrhia as the shape of a dragon, mother always told me that all other dragons are vicious selfish creatures, unlike DreamWings."

"Your mother really has something against SkyWings." Spector laughed pointing at the map, "She drew little images of them being killed in the corners of the page!"

"I trust her judgment. Perhaps SkyWings are terrible, and need to be exterminated." Mystery said. Oh I wish I had ideas like yours, She thought to herself. After resting her orange wings she and the rest of the group took off and soon reached the tip of the "wing."

"Hey guys! I found a freshwater pool, lets clean all the salt off our scales." Vault shouted.

"Sorry, I would like to stay with the princess and get work done." Spector shouted back.

"I for one love to swim, so we will camp on the bank of the pool, leave your disguises on." Mystery ordered, "Tomorrow we will search for the farthest north outpost. That will give us some information." Everyone did look tired and sore. She hoped she was making the right choice. If only her mother could be leading, she would know what to do. Well, that cool water did look refreshing. Mystery sighed as she stepped into the pool. The small current flowed over her back, washing the salt water off her scales. She sighed again, what a good feeling it was to be out of the sky. Suddenly a stream of icy water flew over her snout.

"VAULT!" She roared, and then she smirked. She made a sudden dive towards Vault's talons and dunked him into the pool.

"Hey!" he yelped going under; when he came back up he wrestled Mystery to the bottom of the pool. They had an underwater play fight until someone tapped the princess on her shoulder.

"Your majesty, I believe we need SkyWing names in order to infiltrate the base," Spector hissed, "And you have more important things to do than frolic through the water."

"Are you ordering me around? Because that's a very bad idea with me." Mystery growled, "Fine Vision your SkyWing name is Sparrow, Vault yours is, um, Flicker, Virus you can be, hmmm... Eagle, and Spector you are Pigeon."

"But your majesty-"

"No buts Pigeon, oh and I'm Peregrine. Now everyone lets get some sleep." The next morning they all took a dip in the freshwater pool.

"Ahh that feels SO good. So nice to be out of the air, and to be on the ground." Virus sighed, " Isn't that right sis?" Sis? What is he talking about? Mystery wondered. She just waited to see who would respond.

Vision smiled, "Yes indeed brother, though I notice we failed to mention our relativity to our present company."

Spector hissed softly, "Greeeeaaaaat now I'm the only one without a sibling. Oops that sounded weird I was going for a friendly sarcastic feel, I mean, GREAT, no... you know what? Lets just forget that Spector has no social skills." All the dragons laughed. They chattered about life before the mission and the hatching day festivities. Peregrine/Mystery told them about her mother and father.

"My father's a teeny bit mumbly, but Queen Cyly loves me!" She exclaimed, "Although that doesn't mean I'm spoiled. Why, just last week I- "

"Not to be rude, Your Majesty of power and wonderfulness, But we really should be going." Vault/Flicker flew out of the pool and hovered over it until everyone reluctantly climbed out of the pool.

"Excuse me Flicker, would you be kind enough to stop flinging water droplets from you wings." Vision/Sparrow purred.

"Whoops, sorry Visi- uh Sparrow." Flicker stumbled. Remembering each other's names proved to be harder than they thought.

"Vault! I mean uh Flicker, you need to work harder on not saying our real names!" Mystery said. Three moons so do I! She thought.

"Excuse me Peregrine, but what is that?" Pigeon asked pointing to the east. There was a small building with smoke coming out of the chimney.

"That, my friends, is our destination." Eagle said excitedly. He flexed his muscles in anticipation. Mystery had nearly forgotten how strong Virus was. She supposed that some of his normal form rubbed off on his SkyWing form.

"All right, I will take Sparrow with me to the lookout. If there is trouble I will whistle like this." Peregrine whistled one clear note, "And when I am ready for you all to come and meet me I will whistle like this." She did a short stuttering whistle like a little bird.

Everyone nodded. Then Sparrow and Peregrine shot towards the lookout.