Epilogue

Epilogue

The SkyWing limped through the halls reflecting on what had happened to him. He clearly remembered being held by the neck thanks to his queen, along with hearing Mystery scream for him. After that was pain and darkness. He remembered waking up in a healer's station bright light everywhere. His IceWing friend, Seal, was sitting there watching him. She had told him a vague story of what had happened and how sorry the queen was. Now he was going to hear what really happened from the Queen herself. He stepped through the gold inlaid doors and bowed.

"Rise brave one. You have my deepest apologies."

"Your majesty what happened? Did you kill her?"

"No, but she nearly killed me. She had me in her claws and I said that Cliff needs me. Then she said 'Your right' and left." Flight held his head in his talons. How would he find her now? Then he remembered something. It was a slim possibility but maybe it would work.

"Do you, by any chance, know which direction she went when she left?" He asked hopefully.

"She exited through the north window. Are you sure thats all the information you want?"

"YES thank you!" he exclaimed bowing deeply. He had a quick stop to make before he made the journey.

"Falcon!" he called. After two days of strait flying, Flight was feeling like his name should be Fall instead.

"Flight?" a gruff voice called from the night sky. An orange red dragon was circling above him, "Is that you? Where have you been?"

"I've been busy. I need to talk to everyone and tell them my tale."

"What tale?"

"You'd never believe it but I'll tell you it's all true." He flew into the outpost and told his story. Amazement sadness and anger filled the room when he was done.

"DREAMWINGS? What the heck are DREAMWINGS?"

"You mean my sister is really dead!?"

"Why didn't you kill them? We don't need a bunch more oh-so-great-and-powerful DreamWings suckering to our tail!"

"Wow I wish I could study one. What do they look like? You better draw one for me."

"Please everyone, be quiet!" Falcon roared, "Flight you realize that this makes me a murderer. I killed one of their kind for being a hybrid. I also tried to drown her egg, but she got it back." Falcon looked miserable, "Now I have to live with THAT guilt."

"No Falcon, you will be fine. You had no idea and you were under the former queen's control. It's not your fault." Flight reassured her, "Now I have to continue my journey to their home. Wish me luck!" As soon as he stepped outside he had a bolt of memory shock. The map! He was the last one to be carrying it. He reached hopefully into the pouch he always wore around his neck and danced around joyfully when he pulled out a map with SkyWings being killed illustrated in the corners.

"YES!" He screamed and jumped and whooped until he realized he should get going. And so he launched off above the ocean of a long tiring flight. Flight decided to look in the pouch to see if he had forgotten anything. The red soldier had to be the luckiest dragon in Pyrrhia! There coiled at the bottom of his pouch was a glowing star shaped necklace he had stolen from Spector! He remembered Spector carrying two, so before the audience with Queen Ruby, he slipped it from the silver dragon. Flight put the necklace on and focused on Vault. When he had fully transformed he made his scales a teeny bit lighter. Now he was ready.

"Don't worry Mystery. I'm coming." He said to himself. As he approached the island he felt a tingling sensation throughout his body. It may have been excitement or pain. He was so close to Mystery. His body screamed with pain where his bones were still healing. Mystery! Mystery! Mystery! Mystery! He thought over and over. It was the only thing that kept him going. He approached the door and entered the palace. Strange dragons rushed around nodding to him as he went by. He nodded politely back and continued on his way.

"Excuse me but I need to find Mystery. Do you know where I would find her?" Flight asked a dragon passing by.

The dragon sighed as if he was asked this many times, " Down that corridor, third door to your left. Knock first."

"Thank you."

"No problem." Flight continued down the hall and stopped at the door. He paused before knocking and took a deep breath. He gently rapped his claws against the wood.

"Come in," someone said from behind the door. It was her! Mystery! Flight flung the door open and ripped off the necklace. And there she was looking at and easel she looked sad, but a new crown rested on her head. She looked up and shrieked.

"Did yah miss me?" He asked happily.