Chapter eight

Chapter eight: Help from Flight

"Wonderful the minute we approach guards will be all over us." Virus groaned. His craziness had left him during the flight but he still complained about a headache. As they flew closer and closer to the palace they noticed that only a few guards were carrying spears, and none of them were wearing armor.

"Not too hyped up on security here huh?" Vault said. He instinctively grabbed his forearm, which was still broken. He was probably hurting really bad.

"Let's find some healers and then we will request a audience with the queen." Peregrine suggested.

"That sounds like a pleasant idea." Sparrow said inclining her head towards her. Her cuts were starting to look infected, and she looked feverish, "Oh look a guard." A red SkyWing cam up to them and bared his teeth in what was supposed to be a smile. This one had many scars and his horns were strangely strait and sharp. But his eyes were by far the creepiest. Instead of orang or yellow eyes like normal SkyWings, they were poison green. He smiled revealing his many sharp teeth.

"Welcome visitors." he said, his voice like oil running down a dragon's scales, "I can already tell you are all in need of specialized healers. I am Smog. Please, right this way." Uneasily they all followed Smog in through a wide window. They all gaped in wonder at the winding corridors inlaid with veins of gold and gold talon prints. They arrived at a large bowl shaped area. Little stations were set up wounded SkyWings, SeaWings, MudWings, SandWings, and IceWings. They were all being treated be different types of dragons from all different tribes. This is NOT what her mother had told her about the world. All the stories she had heard were about how all the tribes were at war. She and the other DreamWing dragonets would play a game called battle where one of them pretended to be, lets say, a SandWing, and the other was a SkyWing. Then they would fight until one had the other one pinned for ten seconds. I wonder if the war is over. She thought. She better not mention it to the healers then. They might get suspicious.

"Hello Current." Smog said to an elegant navy blue dragon, "Could you help these three? They all might have something broken." He gently shoved the boys forward.

"Hello there dear can I help you?" a SandWing with yellow scales slid forward towards Vision, "You look like you've been clawed to death! Come, I can help." Vision was led away.

"Ok so I guess we're alone now?" Flight said, "Come on I know who the best healer here is. Follow me." He raced over to the other side of the arena. Peregrine couldn't go as fast as him so she walked. When she finally caught up with him he was standing in front of a MudWing.

"Hello there." He said kindly, "Can I help you?"

"Ah well, I think I have a broken rib, and the claw marks on my back really hurt." She said. To be honest this large dragon almost scared her.

"Can I see the claw marks?" he asked. Peregrine nodded, pulled Dragon off her back, and turned around to show him.

He sucked in a breath, "Did an IceWing make these?"

"No it was a NightWing."

"A NightWing with very long claws." He said shaking his head, "Did you happen to get his name? I can report it to their queen."

"Um, yes. I think it was Foeslayer." Peregrine responded. She glanced over and saw the yellow SandWing putting cactus juice on Sparrow's cuts.

"Well unfortunately there's nothing I can do for your rib, although I would suggest you don't fly or fight much. That will help it heal faster." The MudWing said, "I can give you this for your cuts. It cam from the sap of the mangrove tree."

"Thank you!" Peregrine called. She left to find the rest of the group and found Flight talking to a friendly looking IceWing.

"Hi Peregrine!" the IceWing said, "Flight has told me a LOT about you!" She shot him a gotchya look. If a There was a redder SkyWing in the entire Kingdome Flight was it. Does he, LIKE me? As in like, LIKE? She thought. What do people do for each other when they like each other? Peregrine realized her mouth was open. She snapped it shut and blushed.

The pale blue dragon chuckled, "Well it seems I have created something between you guys! Ha! Good luck Flight." With that she turned back to her work."

"Um can we talk?" Flight asked nodding towards a dark tunnel. Peregrine nodded and dashed for it. Once they were inside they both said at the same time, "Do you really LIKE me?"

"Uh, ahem. You go first." Mystery said.

"Well I suppose I better get it all out. I really do like you Mystery, your, smart, funny, strong, friendly, sarcastic, and you let me live." He ducked his head in embarrassment, "I never thought I would love ever again after mom was killed but..."

"Oh Flight. I like you but if I love you, I'll be so sad if you..."

"If I die under the DreamWing army's talons."

"Yes."

"Then don't let that happen."

"What?"

"Don't go back, stay here. You can be a SkyWing! I'll explain to the queen."

"No! I could never- I mean ye- no! Mother would- I really want to- I cant- no I can- NO!" Flight was staring at her.

"There is something going on with you, and you need to figure it out." Flight looked at the view of the Sky palace, "Think Peregrine, do you really want to destroy us?" Peregrine didn't answer. Four familiar SkyWings were racing towards them.

"Having a pep talk with my sister are we?" Flicker snarled at Flight. Flicker was limping badly, but his leg was splinted and wrapped in clean bandages. The end of Pigeon's tail was strait and wrapped as well. Virus looked unchanged but he frowned deeply at the poor red dragon. Flight looked so guilty she wanted to wrap her wings around him and tell him it would be all right. Instead Vision did it for her.

She put a wing over his shoulder and said in a soft voice, "Would you all just leave him alone and put yourself in his place!" Now it was the boy's turn to look guilty. Vision was right. Flight was facing an impossible situation. Mystery felt terrible for him.

"I will request an audience with the queen. It's time to end this mission."

Now i'm just putting out all the chapters. I'll be done in a minute! ;-D