12--Lies

Warning: Slight mature content!! Read with caution.

"I really hate this plan."

"I know, Wally, but it's the only way," I answered over the comm. "Now stop talking to me or you'll give me away." I pushed up my sunglasses and adjusted my hood. I was trying to "hide" from Slade. I hoped he would buy it. I had an explosive in my pocket for show and tried not to act too suspicious. Slade was smarter than that.

I was watching so closely for Deathstroke, I almost didn't notice the nice sports car that drove up next to me until someone pulled my hood down. I spun around to see someone I hated just as much as Slade. Gabe.

"I thought I saw a pampered rat," he sneered. "How's it going, Dickhead?"

"Leave me alone," I mumbled, really not wanting to deal with this right now.
"Wait up," Gabe said. I glared ahead of me, not turning. I really just wanted to bash his head in. I slowly turned around, my glare unwavering.

Gabe grinned at my glare. He was swaying. "What's wrong, kid? Let me guess, you're on your period. Always knew you were a bi-"

"What do you want?" I asked through clenched teeth.

"What are you doing wandering the streets of Gotham?" Gabe's grin widened. "Is this were your regulars hang out? Are you a naughty little gypsy? I wouldn't be surprised. All you circus scum are the same."

"Leave. Me. Alone," I said with more force this time. "Keep your dirty mind to yourself and go fu-"

Gabe suddenly grabbed me by the front and shoved me against the wall of an old shop. He smelled like alcohol. "Seems to me that I may be the naughty one this time. I don't know what it is about you, but you've turned me on."

This can't be happening! I thought, my mind on the verge of panic. "G-get off of me!"

"You should've stayed off the streets, gypsy scum. Should've stayed safe at home as the charity case you are." Gabe started to suck on my neck and I finally lost it. "Somebody help me!" I screamed.

A gun went off and Gabe's eyes popped open. He looked down at the hole just left of his heart. Blood was pooling around it and his face was drained of color. He didn't even cry out when he fell. He was dead before he hit the ground. I looked up to see Slade putting his gun away. "Hello, Renegade."

"M-M-Master," I said, my voice hardly above a whisper. My eyes fell but that just lead to me looking at the blood splattered on my sweatshirt and Gabe's dead body. I closed my eyes and looked away.

"Has the Bat really made you so weak?" Slade snapped, making me wince. "You used to kill without a second thought. What happened to you?"

"The Batman made me think it was wrong," I said, trying to say what he wanted to hear. "That even criminals deserve to live."

"Did this boy deserve to live, Renegade?" Slade asked.

I swallowed, my mind wandering to what had almost happened. Did he deserve to live? Stupid. He was drunk. Slade's playing with your mind. "No, Master," I lied. "He didn't."

I could almost feel Slade's smirk. "Follow me, apprentice."

"Yes, Master," I said quietly. I followed him like a good child and tried to clear my mind of doubt. I was doing the right thing. This was the only way to finally end this.

~

I've always been surprised at the amount of abandon buildings around Gotham. Honesty, I need to talk Bruce into just searching every single one of them when we get back to flush out any villains that might be using them as hideouts. This time, it was the old Gotham Airport that hasn't been used for probably thirty years. It was a smaller airport than the current one, but still pretty big and it was a little closer to the city's outskirts. Even in the team and League tried to save me from here, it would be more difficult with all the rooms I could be in. I'd been on planes plenty of times, and the airport was just another part of life for me, so I knew how easy it was to get lost there. At least there wouldn't be hundreds of people walking about.

I realized that I still had my comm in my ear. This was when I decided to go against our plan, which was to set off my tracker signal from it and leave it somewhere. That would be far too risky and if Slade found it, he would give me the beating of a lifetime. I simply crushed the tiny thing and let the remains slip through my fingers. The floor was coated with dust, which helped soften the landing. I had a different plan in mind. Deathstroke was predictable. It was one of his fatal flaws. After I gained his trust by stealing for him and "killing" his enemies, he would send me on a mission to betray my team and kill them. I would make it look like I'm trying, but they'll eventually capture me and I'll tell them where he is. There was more of a risk of Slade getting away, but this way I wouldn't get hurt. Isn't that what Bruce wanted?

"You know that you are in my debt, don't you, Renegade?" Deathstroke said suddenly.

I swallowed. He did save me from getting raped. "Y-Yes, Master."

"It doesn't matter that the young man was drunk. He was going to violate you. You could have killed him easily."

If I hadn't been so petrified and slow to notice what was happening. "Y-Yes, Master."

"You've forgotten your training. This doesn't please me. I have no desire to train you like I did before, so I must ask you." He suddenly halted and turned to face me. "Will you or will you not kill for me again?"

I knew I couldn't answer this wrong. I had to say what he wanted to hear. "Y-Yes, Master." It was usually the safest answer. "I will."

"How do I know that you won't run straight to your team when I send you on a mission? What can you swear that will make me gain your trust again?"

"You are the one that saved me. Not even Batman was there to save me and I was in his city. You adopted me and made me great." It was really his fault for making me such a great liar. "I swear to never return to the Justice League and to put my life in your hands."

We stood in tense silence. I hoped he bought it. I winced as he raised his hand and dread washed over me. No! I failed....He didn't believe me!

"I see you're still afraid of me," Slade said. "I think that was the real reason you followed me." He brought down his hand with just enough force to make me stumble. The slap echoed through the empty airport. It hurt. "Just a reminder of why you have that fear and what will happen if you disobey me. Come along, apprentice."

I tried to hide my relief. He believed me. I rubbed my stinging cheek and hurriedly followed Deathstroke, not wanting to be hit again.

~
Quick question...who do you hate more?
A) Slade
Or
B) Gabe

Honestly, I just really wanted to kill off that kid. He's a jerk. And a perv..

Anywho, I'm on fire right now! Well, I was. After this, it might be another long break between updates, but at least this one's better than some I written before.

Get ready for some action!