Out In The Woods

I missed my Mom and Dad, even though they only left two days ago. I, actually dreamed about them. In the dream we were all sitting around and talking. And, laughing too. Then-- Tammy was jumping on me? My eyes flew open and saw that Tammy was jumping on me. Screaming "Wake up!"

"I'm awake" I groaned "get off, please!"

She jumped off and ran to her room to get dressed. I took one step foward and, almost, stepped on Karah. Oops. I forgot she was staying with us. I gave her a little kick and she freaked out. She was waving her hands around like a crazy person, and rolled off of her Floor Bed. I laughed and Tmmy came running in, worried. I was about to say something when Karah pulled my leg, causing me to fall. We laughed again.

"C'MON! WE HAVE TO GO PICK BERRIES!" Tammy screamed

"OK!" Karah and I screamed back

Karah went into the bathroom to fix her hair, while I got dressed. Then , I went into the bathroom to do my hair, while she got dressed. After we were ready we headed out to the woods. It was hard for Tammy not to run ahead of us. I kept making her stop to look at the flowers and trees, bu she really wanted to pick berries. So, I continued on. Every mile or so, we would stop to pick berries and put them in our baskets.

"Um... Penny? Don't you think were going out a little too far?" Karah asked

"Yeah, but we don't have enough yet. Plus, people say that there are gates that block us off from going too far"

Just as I said that, we came up to a huge gate. It was so big that all three of us, on each other's shoulders, could reach the top. I don't know why, but my hand reached out to touch the gate. As my hand made contact, so did Karah's and Tammy's. Each place where we touched the gate it... shined. It shined and incomprehensible color. We stared at each other and heard a creaking sound. The gate had made a door and opened. We walked through, and walked for miles. We probably shoulld've turned back, but something was pushing me foward.

This is where it changes a voice inside my head said

After walking for five miles we saw something shining again. It was unlike anything here. It reminded me of our everlasting moon, but... bright and it wasn't gray like the moon. It was glowing. I slowly aproached the shining object. My eyes adjusted to it. It wasn't shining. It was glowing. There it was. A glowing door, in the middle of the woods, that was not black, white, gray, or charcoal, but a color I was unaware of. I stepped closer to the door and slowly turned the metal door knob. It was unlocked, which is unusual since here there is nothing but privacy. The glow got stronger and almost blinded me with it's rays of shine. I took a step through that door and my head started to hurt. I was gaining knowledge of whatever was on the other side of that door. They were human like me... but. The pain in my head overwhelmed me! I fell to my knees and lost conscious.