New World

Penny starts cussing in this chapter, so... beware. Please vote, fan, comment, etc.

                                                        ******************

My eyes flickered like a dying light. My head was pounding with knowledge. It's a new world. We're somewhere called Florida. It's always sunny. Well, almost always sunny. My eyes fully opened and adjusted to the light. I was lying on, what this world called, sand. It was soft and damp. I could hear water rolling up on the sand. Ocean. That's what it's called. I just laid there and listened to the crashing waves. I thought back to before I entered this world. Tammy and Karah! I jumped up and looked around. Tammy was lying on the sand, face red. red. Colors. More than black, white, charcoal, and those dull colors. Yellow, Green, Blue, Ivory, Purple. Wow. I thought back to Tammy and tried to wake her up. I shook her until she woke up. Apparently, she had gained knowledge, too. We set off to find Karah, next. We found her sprawled out near the ocean. We shook her and she wouldn't wake up. I saw a big wave rolling in, strong enough to take Karah away.

"Pull her!" I yelled

"Why would we--"

Tammy followed my stare and and understood our dilemma. We pulled and pulled and pulled. We got her away from the water, just in time. But, the cold water still caught her feet. It was enough to wake her up. She woke up screaming.

"I need to go back to my Nick! How do we get back?!"

"Really Karah? You're biggest worry is Nick right now?" I asked in disbelief

"There is no time for arguing" said Tammy, being the peacemaker she is "Our main goal right now is to figure out how to get back. Any ideas?"

"I say we just walk around" Karah suggested

I hate to admit it, but there was no other option than to just wonder aimlessly. So, that's what we did. There was a boardwalk that led to a city. The city was lined with shopping centers. Macy's, Kohls, Walmart, Target, and so many more. Tammy wanted to go shopping, but I told her there was no time. We walked up to Kohls to see if there was a map hanging up anywhere. But, my concentration shattered when I saw my reflection. I had brunette hair and deep green eyes. My hair hung down to my midback and was wavy. Tammy looked similar, except her hair was... auburn? Yeah. That was the word. Her hair had come out of it's ponytails and hung, loosely, to her shoulders. It was completely straight.

I wanted to see Karah's reflection, but she had wondered off with out us. I grabbed Tammy's hand and ran around the corner. People were staring at us... or our clothes. I wasn't sure. I don't think many people run through a city wearing torn dresses and broken high heels. Wait! Broken high heels?! Damn! These were my favorite shoes.

Luckily, Karah didn't get far. She was talking to some guy, a huge smile spread across her face. He turned around, smiling. I got a good look at his face and, immeadiately, knew why she was so happy. He looked a lot like Nick. Hell, he could be him, for all I knew. Maybe he exists here, but without memories of Borinsville. Or something like that. Oh my God! That's how it works. There must be an alternate us!

I dug through my new knowledge. Yes. 'We' live about three blocks away from here. I shouted for Karah and she turned around. I ushered her to come back.She dragged Nick's hand and led him back to us.

"He remembers me!" Karah shouted

"No, he remembers this world us"

Her mouth hung open. I had him lead us to 'Karah's' house. We were on a quest.