June

June
PRESENT DAY
I sat down on a plush couch in Helix, our transportation unit. Sipped from a beer bottle waiting, waiting for my new team. Coulsen made his way towards me to congratulate me on the team.
"Phil," I smiled towards him.
"Ahh Agent June," he muttered, "Ready to meet your team?" I nodded even though I really wasn't. He took the beer and left Helix in a quick moment. On his way out he held the door for an African American women. Looked to be about 20. She gave me a once over as though she was sizing me up. I straightened my back and put the beer down.
"Agent Lana Booth. Am I correct?"
"Yes," she smiled a cool smile, "You must be Agent June?" I nodded.
"Welcome aboard Helix, sit. I'll show you the bunks when the others arrive."

The door closed. I looked up to see a short girl with curly red hair and a pale complexion. She looked youthful but tired, like she had grown up too quickly. I smiled again, and she smiled back.
"I am Agent June, welcome to Helix. Have a beer and sit we were just waiting for the others." She sat but didn't take the beer.
"I don't drink," she said calmly as though the idea didn't fase her.
"Oh, lovely." I had never met a young women who didn't drink. She murmured something to Lana and they smiled at each other. I realized they probably attended the same college. The girl, Agent Smith, looked around at Helix, admiring the new plane. All of a sudden I heard loud voices coming from outside the door before it was thrown open and I was greeted by the sight of two unfamiliar faces, one very familiar. I smiled at Jen.
"Agent Pastel-Colsen, Agent Horvath, Agent Ryder, glad to see you made it." Ryder stuck his hand out and I shook noting he had a firm grip. Alice Horvath smiled and started talking,
"Oh my god, Agent June, I can't believe I'm talking to you, this is...wow." I chuckled.
"The pleasure is all mine Alice! Agent Pastel-Colsen, good to see you!" I pretended not to know her first name though truthfully I'd known her since she was very young. The girl was the youngest SHIELD agent ever. This was because she was Phil's adopted daughter.
"Have a drink," I said to them all. Alice politely said no but Jen and Ryder grabbed some. "I won't tell Phil," I said winking at Jenna.
Just then the door opened again admitting another boy, "Agent Pierce." I nodded at the pale boy. His handsome face catching the attention of the females on board.
"Agent June, happy to see you," he helped himself to a beer. The boy, Jared, had a rough past.
"Now that we are all here I will show you all to your bunks, they are on the first floor." We all walked towards the silver staircase Jared flying down them in mere seconds before any of us had started. "Welcome home," I spread my arms wide and turned towards them all. The bunks were indeed on the first floor and built into the walls. All had black, bulletproof glass, sliding doors. "Take your pick!" Jared took the one closest on the left, Alice the one across from him, Ryder took the one next to Jared's while Lana took the one across. Ruth took the one in the last row and Jen the one across from her. "Get settled and meet me in the training rooms. I suggest you wear something comfortable." I walked back up the stairs and into the training room down the hall.