Jared

Jared
I had to admit I was not only proud but surprised that I had beaten Ward. I had only ever done it twice before and when he was injured. I grabbed a water bottle with the SHIELD logo on it from the cooler before leaving the training room. I let my eyes slide to Skye's ass as we walked towards the living area. I raised them again and sat on the couch lazily. "Ward, grab me a beer," I said a bit bossily. He rolled his eyes and handed me one before sitting next to me. Lana sat across from me on a cushy chair folding her legs beneath her. Skye sat in the chair next to her with Jen resting on the arm of it. The two girls shared a beer. Ryder, Ruth and Jemma sat on the couch on the opposite side of Ward. May stood on the sidelines looking at us with an approving look. My eyes caught Skye's and she looked away quickly I smirked. We all talked loudly to one another. I got up and wandered to find a bathroom. I finally found a nice one in a secluded hallway. I looked at my reflection noticing the scar above my eye. My breath quickened and I grabbed the sink. My knees gave way. The sound of a gun echoed in my ears reverberating through my head. Suddenly I stood in an alley standing on a small staircase. A man in a hood held a gun to my sisters neck. She sobbed quietly looking to me with pleading eyes. I winced. A body lay at the end of the alley. 'No' I screamed inwardly. And then the second shot.
I opened my eyes and noticed I was crying. My breath wouldn't calm down. A bang on the door. I stopped my crying and shakily said, "What?"
"Jared?" Wards' voice came through the door. I unlocked it and he looked at me. He held his hand out for me to get up. I took it gratefully and stood. I wiped my face and looked at him. "C'mon man," he said gruffly. I followed him down hall after hall until we finally reached the training rooms. He pointed at a punching bag, "When that mans' face won't get out of your head punch this, pretend it's his face, his body. Hit it." I punched it with all my force sending it swinging. He nodded. I hit again and again and again until I started to feel like myself again. When I finally stopped he was watching me from the balcony in the room. He grinned at me and I surprised myself by grinning back at him.