Jen

Jen

I slid my door shut hearing others close around me. I pulled my hair into a long ponytail, slipping into yoga pants and a sports bra. I knew what was coming, initial training and the choosing of the SO's. I wondered if the others knew. When I was done changing I slid my door open again and climbed the familiar silver stairs making my to the training room. I smiled at June through the glass before opening the door. The walls were padded but wouldn't break your fall. Punching bags hung in the air along with pull up bars and bench presses. "I see you're prepared," she smirked as I nodded. The door opened and the others walked in, looking around in awe. I didn't think it was that big but I had grown up in huge training rooms. Ryder was the only not dressed appropriately. Dared removed his shirt revealing hardened abs. I'd met him before and even trained with him and Ward. Behind him came Ward, Skye, May and Jemma. I waved at Skye and she smiled.
"My team!" June shouted, "Over here. Please line up." I stood next to her, Lana quickly at my side. "Today we will be testing your skills and assigning your SO's based on your knowledge and skills in the field. We will be going in order starting with Specialists, than Operatives, than Engineers , than Tech. Jared, although your SO is Ward we believe it is time you become an SO yourself. In order to demonstrate your knowledge and understanding of fighting you will be fighting against your previous SO, Agent Ward." Jared smirked at no one in particular. I knew from watching them that Jared and Wards skills were matched. Ward pulled a gun from the back of his pants before I could blink. He pointed it between Jareds eyes. A second passed. Jared leapt into action disarming Ward but not before punching him in the nose. Ward stumbled and swept his foot under Jareds feet who lost his balance and hit the floor with a thud the gun clattering from his grip. He stood quickly, kicking Ward in the gut and reached for the gun but Ward blocked him punching his arm. Hard. I saw Jared flinch but he managed to grab the gun. Putting Ward in a choke hold he held the gun to his temple. Both breathing hard. Wards eyes sparkled with approval and grinned at his trainee.
June said, "Jared, thank you for the demonstration, you will no longer need an SO and I hope you will take the position as SO for Ruth." He briefly smiled at Ruth and nodded handing the gun to Ward. He took his place in line again.
"Lana, please step forward, you will be fighting Agent May." Lana did so, if somewhat tentatively. May nodded at her and stood across from her. I knew May would never throw the first hit. She beckoned at Lana who jumped at her punching her gut knocking the wind out of her. May punched her eye and knocked her to the ground, holding her down. Lana managed to flip her over and stood with her foot on May's chest.  May yanked her ankle and she hit the ground. She did not stand. May held her hand out and Lana gladly took it.
"Lana, your SO will be Agent May." May smiled lightly at her and Lana limped back in line after tipping her head.
"Jen, since your SO was Agent Ward you will be fighting him," Ward sent a smile my way. His eyes making me swoon a bit. I closed my eyes for a second, he will not get in my head. When we were younger I admitted that I had a crush on him and ever since he had been making fun of me. I winked at him as he stood across from me holding a pistol. My favorite weapon. I suppose I had an advantage against the others because I had been training with the top leagues since I was ten. Ward always makes the first move but he also steps before he hits. I waited. I stared straight at his nose waiting to see the slightest movement. He went to punch me and I brought my arms up to block. He went in for a kick and I grabbed his leg. What he didn't know was that I had also been training with May for this moment. I pulled his leg and his back slammed to the ground but he took me with him. I landed on his chest with a groan and he flipped me before he stood. Never punching me while I was down. I leapt to my feet at the first opportunity and hit him square between the eyes. He stepped back and went in for a punch straight at my throat. He hit me but I knocked him off balance so his touch was lighter. Still I stumbled back hand on my neck.
"Stop playing with each other!" June demanded knowing we could go like this for hours. I smirked and ran at him kicking his groin where I knew it would hurt and in his week moment made an uppercut punch knocking him to the ground. I slipped the pistol from his belt while he was still dizzy and held it at his head. He grinned lazily as if it was nothing and I helped him up.
June said, "Jenna, considering you beat your SO normally we would have you become a full agent but we think it best you keep training with each other and he will SO you while you SO Ryder. Ruth, Ryder there will be no need for you to fight because we have your SO's already. Alice your SO will be Jemma Simmons. Skye, you will assist Agent Ward in his SO job. Thank you all. Meet me back here in two hours. Take a break."