Chapter 12 - William

I woke up and I remembered the wonderful day that I had with Emma last night. I couldn't wait to see her today. I thought about surprising her at the market today. I get dressed and head down to dinner. Running into Henry on the way down.

"Good morning Henry, have a good sleep?" I ask him.

"It was wonderful thank you, you know your father invited Anne and Anne's mother to go horseback riding today with the whole family," Henry says. My face drops a little hearing that Anne was coming over, which meant that I couldn't sneak off to see Emma today.

I at least had to write her letter explaining that I couldn't see her today or tomorrow. We walk down to the dining room where they were serving breakfast. I sat between Henry and my older sister Tessa. Tessa was sitting next to Anne.

Of course my Father was sitting next to Anne's Mother. The waiters brought the food and served us. I talked with Henry throughout breakfast trying to make sure that I didn't talk to Anne or her horrible mother. I didn't want to have anything to do with them and their horrible family.

After the way that Anne treated Emma at the market I wanted nothing to do with them. After breakfast I ran off up to my room to write a quick letter to Emma and I had the paper boy take it, delivering it to Emma for me.

Getting dressed in my riding clothes and I meet Henry outside next to the stable. Some of the stable men brought us our horses. Some of the servants helped Anne and her Mother onto the horses. Henry and I just jumped onto our horses.

Everyone decided that we would take one of our nature trails near the house. Henry and I stayed away from Anne. Tessa and my younger sister Olivia kept talking to Anne for all of the ride. So, Henry and I could talk for the moment.

"So how long are you going to be staying in London?" I ask Henry.

"Hopefully for a few more weeks. My parents really want me to bring home a wife," Henry says rolling his eyes.

"Well I'm trying to decide on how I'm going to tell my family that I'm courting a maid," I say softly so that no one hears.

"Well I'm happy for you William, it's good to start switching things up once in awhile. The world is changing out there," Henry says.

We ride for another hour and then we all head back to the house. After the ride I go to my room until dinner hiding from Anne and her horrible mother.