Chapter 18 - William

At the beginning of the ball my Father drags me over to some of his old work buddies and introduces me to them. I keep touching my pocket to make sure that I don't lose the ring that I was planning on asking Emma tonight for her hand in marriage.

I was so nervous. Hoping I wasn't sweating through my suit. I talk with my Father's buddies for a while. I finally see Emma talking with Tessa. I smile and I excuse myself I walk up behind Emma and hug her from behind. I see Tessa smile.

"Hi," Emma says smiling.

"Hi beautiful," I say smiling.

I see her cheeks turn a little red. I hear Tessa excuse herself and I see her go to dance with my other siblings. I ask Emma if she wanted to dance and I offer her my hand. She takes it and I lead her to the middle of the room. We dance and I start to calm down a little dancing with her. The musicians stop playing, we all clap.

I take Emma with me knowing that my Father was going to make a big speech. I was going to bring Emma up there with me and then ask her. I start to walk up there and then turn back. Dragging Emma up there against her will. I feel her glaring at me and I smile at the crowd. I hear my Father finally announce that I'm the head owner now, everyone claps. I smile and wave.

"Thank you Father, I have been waiting for this moment since I got out of school. I won't let you down," I say and shake hands with my Father.

"I also would like everyone to meet Emma, she has been through alot. I have known her since I went to school. She was the maid for my teacher, Mrs. Brown," I say and I see Emma looks down and I see some people whisper. I take her hand.

"We recently found out that she was actually Mrs.Brown's Granddaughter and she is now a noble like me. I brought her up here to ask her to marry me?" I get down one knee and hold out the ring for her and I smile up at her.

"Emma, my love, will you marry me?" I ask her.