Being Dead is so Overrated

____
Zach
______

    So yeah. My first day in the afterlife I'm whacked over the head by a rock and pushed into a river. What a start, am I right?

    I should probably explain some stuff first. I don't remember dying, not at all. I remember my sister, Jay, I remember running into the battle field, but everything beyond that is really fuzzy. It doesn't surprise me that much to be honest, I have about as much memory as an eighty year-old goldfish that's had their memories stolen by Ghosts a few times.

    Anywho, back to me being dead.

    I kind of floated around in a gray abyss for a bit, I'm not sure how much time passed, it was hard to tell. Then I was standing on what felt like grass.

    I opened my eyes and blinked unsteadily as the bright lights merged into focus. I suddenly felt very heavy and smashed into the ground, my wings instinctively whipping out to catch myself. My lungs ached as I took in the livid scent of the grass, which was startling gray color, smashed up against my face.

    I shook my head and glanced around, the first thing I noticed was the lack of color. The world was black and white. Hills of various shades of grey surrounded me for miles.

    Then I came to a very startling realization. This stark colorless land was not Glamora.

    "Ah come on, what's a guy gotta do?" I asked, talking to no one in particular. Was there some sort of Glamora initiation I missed out on? I'm pretty sure I was dead.

    Oh wait. I was harboring the Magyk of Barranca, the evil twin. Is that why I didn't get into Glamora? This isn't really what I imagined Hiemsmire to be like. It was very empty, and bright, with lots of mist, with nothing much except lack of color. Except for me, I could still see the brown of my paws, I was actually really clean for someone who had just died, which is awesome because recently dead people do not feel like taking a bath.

    I pushed myself up, and wobbled on my feet a bit. I suppose there wasn't much to do than explore. I walked for a really long time, I didn't really get tired. I'm not sure how how much time passed, wherever I was, it had a terrible sense of time space continuum.

    I eventually found something other then the seemingly endless hills. I came across a river. Seeing suddenly made me thirsty and I crouched down by the edge and started lapping up the cool liquid.

I stopped and stared at my reflection for a few moments. I scowled into the water and made a perfect imitation of Zara. My heart ached suddenly, this afterlife sucks. I want to go home, I want to be with my sister and my parents and my friends. I don't want to be alone.

    Something moved in the reflection of the hill on the other side of the river, something colorful. I glanced up to a see a tail disappear over the ridge, a really short fluffy one.

    "Hello?" I asked, my heart starting to beat very wildly, I could have sworn I saw something.

    There was no answer.

    I spread my wings and glided over the river, getting my tail wet in the process. I bounded up to the top of the hill and looked over.

    I wasn't prepared for the kamikaze attack of a dark colored claw with a rock as she screamed a vicious cry.

    I was hit full force with the rock, sending me tumbling back down the hill into the river.

    I landed with a splash and flopped around for a few seconds, then resurfaced. It was a really shallow river. The water came up to my waist as I shivered violently. It doesn't stop there, before I can take more than a few breaths I'm slammed against the shore of the small creek.

    Suddenly I'm looking into two very big, very stunning golden-amber eyes.

    "Um, hi." I squeak, as she pushed down on my chest again.

    "Who are you?" She demanded fiercely.

    I'm still a bit confused. The she-claw who was sitting on me has a brown face, a white muzzle, and lots of cream colored spots along her muzzle that resemble pretty adorable freckles.

    "Uh, my name is Zach." I blinked.

    She tilted her head. "Oh, I thought you were someone else."

    I sucked in a huge breath of air and she rolled off of me. I was just about to ease the tension when she started sniffing me.

    "How did you end up here? Nobody ever comes here." She tilted her head.

    "I uh. I think I died." I replied, scooting a few inches away from her.

    "What's dying?" She asked, giving me a very confused look.

    I stared blankly at her for a few moments. "You're kidding right?"

    She shook her head. "Is it like traveling? I've been all over this place, it's very empty."

    "N-no, it's when-," I stopped, realizing I didn't actually know what I was saying. "I'm not sure, It's when you aren't alive anymore."

    "Oh." She frowned, I got the feeling she didn't get it at all.

    "Let me start over. Do you remember a time before you lived here?" I tried.

    The fur on her back bristled uneasily. "A few moments."

    "A few- but you look look as old as I am!" I spluttered.

    "I'm not sure how old I am." She admitted.

    I stared at her in shock. Then it finally hit me. The longer you stayed in this place, the less you could remember from your previous life. What kind of Glamora forsaken dimension was this?

    "Do you know what you name is?" I inquired hesitantly.

    Her fierce look was back. "Of course, my name is Eliza, don't call me Elizabeth, and we'll be fine."

    I watched as she leapt back across the stream and continued walking.

    "Pfffbhgt! Where are you going?" I wasn't done talking to her.

    "Follow me and find out!" She called.

    I glanced around at this bizarre world and wondering what I had just gotten myself into. Then I started to follow Eliza to Glamora knows where. At least I know she isn't going to kill me because apparently no one can die here.

    Wherever here is.

____________
Zach
Stop following strange women back to their homeland it's really going to bite you one day

Oh wait