Chapter Six- At the Funeral

As they left the Dwma, it began to rain, which was typical for days like this.

Days when you say goodbye to the ones you spent most of your days with.

Kid and Maka went home to prepare themselves for the funeral.

Maka stood in her new bedroom and tried on a black, lacey dress that caressed against her ankles, showing off her shiny black heels.

She stared at herself in the body length mirror in front of her bed for a while, eventually spacing out.

"Maka! Help!"

"This can'be happening!It can't!"

"Yeah.Nobody kills our friends and gets away with it."

"I'll get you for this!"

Maka snapped out of it when she realized that she was crying and bit her lower lip to keep from sobbing too loud. She wiped them away with her gloved hands and walked away from the mirror, sniffling.

She went over to the dresser mirror instead and put her hair up in her usual pigtail hairstyle with black ribbons.

"I'm so sorry…" She kept mumbling the same thing over and over under her trembling breath as she continued to shed bitter tears, and looked away from her reflection again, ashamed with herself.

There was a sudden knock on her door that startled her.

"Come in." She tried to disguise the sadness in her voice as much as she could.

Kid stepped into the room in a black tux similar to his usual one except in place of the white buttons on the front were regular black buttons, and the white on his shoulders were non existent. In place of the skull tie was a red ribbon tied under the collar.

His eyes widened and he hurried over to Maka.

"Maka…" Concern filled his voice as he wrapped his arms around her in a gentle hug.

She wiped tears away from her eyes and stepped out of the hug.

"I'm gonna be fine…"

Kid shrugged and lowered his gaze to the ground.

"If you say so." He looked up at the clock that hung on the wall and turned his gaze back towards her.

"It's time to go, Maka." He held his hand out towards her, and she stared at it for a while before she took a firm hold of it.

It was surprisingly warm and soft, and she began to feel a little better.

Kid gave her a small, sad smile, and they walked out of Gallow's mansion.

Once outside, he summoned Beezlebub, and he took a step onto it, helping Maka up beside him.

As he took off into the air, Maka wrapped her arms around his waist tightly, their clothes instantly drenched.

Everything between them was silent all the way over to the cemetery, where their late friends were having their service and burial.

Kid and Maka landed quietly on the rich, moist dirt, and after stepping off, Kid summoned Beezlebub back up into his palm.

Chairs were neatly set in rows, and nearly every citizen took up one.

Kid was about to go and find them a seat, when Maka pulled him back towards her by the arm.