2.

Honestly, as much as I try to deny it, I was hurt. How could they do that to me? 

Don't cry Jessie, don't cry, now is not the time. 

What was it they said to do when you were trying not to cry? Oh ya. Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe ou-

"GOT YA!!"

"Ahhhhh" I screamed, turning around and pointed my pencil at whomever it was. Don't hate on the awesomeness! It was the only weapon in front of me, I didn't have many options.

I took a good look and the person in front of me and my eyes widened in surprise.

What is he doing here? 

I thought he was in Italy with his mom for her job?

"SANTIAGO!!" 

 I hugged him tightly and he lifted me up making me wrap my legs around his waist.

He chuckled, hugging me back just as tightly. He buried his face in my neck and we stayed like that for a few moments before he slowly put me down. 

 "I take it you missed me like I missed you Jess?" 

"Of course I missed you, you idiot. I can't survive without my best friend by my side."

"awww, can't have enough o' this" he grinned at me, running his hands all over his chest.

I just laughed and kissed his cheek. 

We sat back down and a silence surrounded us until San spoke up.

"I got you something Jess."

I mentally clapped like an idiot; I guess Santiago just brings out the kid in me.

"Oh show me, show me, show me, show me."

He brought a velvet box from behind his back and gave it to me.

 I looked at him nervously anticipating what was inside it.

"Come on Jess, open it" he encouraged.

I opened it, and instantly my eyes were filled with tears. Inside lay a beautiful gold heart shaped locket. I opened it and found a picture of me and San. He was carrying me ,bridal style, and we were both smiling at the camera. The picture was taken when we were in Hawaii the summer after freshmen year. 

I looked at him and just opened my arms. Hugging me, he whispered in my ear how he would never leave again. Gosh can he get sweeter than this? San was just the best person ever.

 He was the only light in my life, I can't imagine being without him.

"I'm gonna wear it with pride" I saluted after we broke from our hug laughing like crazy.

We spent the whole afternoon catching up and messing with people. Just like old times. 

At about 10 in the evening we finally called it a night and went home. Not that that's gonna separate us, we literally lived right next to each other.