17: Date Night

HEY LOVES ❤️

I wanted to wait until my birthday to update (which is on Saturday so don't be ready to stab me... It's not that far lol) but I COULDN'T WAIT Y'ALL GONNA LOVE THIS CHAPTER- partially 😌

Who tops ?

Lauren x Normani

Dinah x Ally

Enjoy~
__________________________________________________

Normani sighed in content as she watched the trees past outside the car window. It was a beautiful afternoon in which her and Lauren were heading towards their date. The older girl had no idea where it was but had a gut feeling that it'd be fun.

"Ugh, I don't wanna listen to this song." Lauren reached for the device with her free hand only for it to be slapped down by Normani.

"You can't use your phone while driving. Let me change the song before you get us killed." Normani took the phone and pressed the next button.

A tropical beat filled the stereo making a wide smile spread on Lauren's face, "This song is perfect."

The small pings of the beat alongside the California weather made a settling feeling settle in preparation for what this song had to give her.

In rolled in a smooth man's voice:

I feel you breathing down my neck

As the blood's rushing through my legs

Waiting for a chance to prove

That my soul, it belongs to you

Expectedly, Lauren sang alongside the man, making Normani smile. She could never get enough of Lauren's singing voice. The brown skin girl picked up the phone and looked at the name of the song. Tom Misch featuring Zak Abel- Beautiful Escape. The girl had to remember to download the song later.

I just wanna go there,

I just want a beautiful escape

I just wanna move ya

Show you that this love is yours to take

Lauren jokingly caressed Normani's face while singing the lyrics, making both girls chuckle. As the beat hyped up, Lauren smiled widely and let the lyrics flow from her lips.

And now we're driving over,

Thrills that makes us feel like we're not enough

Yeah, we're flying up, closer

Dancing on the edge of the world above

I was scared I couldn't show ya

All this lovin' that I hold inside

But now I feel your power

I am here, and I don't wanna hide no more

No more

The way Lauren put her emotions into the lyrics made Normani smile grow brighter. She didn't know if the girl meant the lyrics or not but she absolutely loved hearing them come from her. The beach vibe song went great with her raspy voice.

The green eyed girl winked at her and continued to drive and sing her heart out.

As for Normani, the girl began to see the girl next to her in a new light. A better light.