1

"Bye b-bye d-d-daddy I'll s-s-see you when y-you get home!" The little 9 year old boy called as his father walk out the door. The man turned and looked at his son with sad eyes before closing the door. Not saying a word.

His mother was crying, but the child had no idea why. So he asked his mother why she was crying.

"Because, Sweetheart. Daddy is going to a very dangerous place, but he'll come home soon" the lady told her son.

After a while the little boy grew scared. With his father gone who was there to fighter away the monsters under his bed?

The boys mother told him not to be scared. She said there wasn't anything to fear, But the little boy was scared, and had everything to fear.

He may have been young, but he had learned what war was. he knew war meant people died, and he knew his father was going to be a part of it. The thought terrified him, and he cried often.

"Jimin, come here, sweetie." His mother's smooth voice spoke.

The little boy listened, tears running down his face as he sat on his mother's lap and they cried together.

***

Late one night a young boy knocked on the door. He said his mother needed a doctor. Jimin's mom was a doctor.

The three of them ran down the streets to the boy's house.

His mom was having a baby! Jimin loved babies! If only it wasn't so dark. He hated the dark. He was scared of it. He was scared of everything.

While his mother was helping the lady, Jimin sat outside the small, one bedroom house shaking in fear. He closed his eyes to try and find comfort, but it didn't work. He was shaking and his breathing was irregular.

He jumped when he felt a hand on his shoulder. It was the boy from earlier.

"Are you ok?" The boy asked. Jimin just shook his head no.

"Well, whats wrong then?" He asked.

"I-I-I-I'm sc-scared"

The little boy sat down by shaking child, and wraped his arms around him. Something his mother did when he used to be scared.

Jimin's eyes widened, and his body tensed, but soon he relaxed into the boys touch. Somehow feeling safe. Somehow trusting the boy he just met.

"Don't be scared." The other boy told him.

"B-b-but it's d-dark." Jimin whispered.

"I'm not scared. I'll keep you safe!" The young boy cheered.

Jimin looked at the boy in disbelief, "y-your n-not scared-d?"

"Nope! My dad told me I can't be scared when he left last month."

"W-where'd he g-g-go?" Jimin stuttered.

"He went to keep people safe, in the kings army. I wanted to go but he wouldn't let me. So I'll just keep you safe instead!" He smiled down at the small boy in his arms and he smiled back.

"Th-thanks....uh..." he trailed off.

"My names Taehyung! Whats yours?"

"J-Jimin"

"Well, Jimin, I'll teach you how to not be scared."

The two talked for a while, till the door opened and Jimin's mother steped out.

"What are you two doing?" She asked the kids.

"Mommy! He m-m-m-made me n-not scared!" The smaller bot cheered.

Her mother looked at the boy in disbelief. How could he make her son not scared when even his own mother couldn't do that? Shaking it off she just said, "Taehyung, you can go back inside. Come on Chim. Lets go home." It was late and the children needed to go to bed.

"I-i w-want to st-stay with T-Tae Tae!"

"No, you need to go to bed. Maybe you and Taehyung can play tomorrow, yeah?" She asked her son.

Both kids cheered(probably waking the neighbors) before they got up, and went their separate ways. That night Jimin slept without having any nightmares.

That night Taehyung told his mother all about his new best friend while she held his new baby sister.