4

"Jimin!"

"Yeah, Mom?" He yelled back.

"The Kims are here!" And with that the boy jumped up and ran down the stairs.

When Jimin saw the seventeen year old standing in his kitchen he tackled him in a hug. It's been about a week since he'd seen him, since Taehyung went on a hunting trip with his other friends.

It was plain to see that the boys botg liked each other more then they would tell. Both mother's could see it.

"I missed you." Jimin whispered to the taller boy. His stutter was gone for the most part. It only comes back if he's really worked up about something.

"I missed you too, Minnie." He said as he ran a hand through Jimin's soft hair.

The mothers started talking, leaving the boys to themselves as Taehyung's little sister and little brother were playing. Somewhere in the last 6 years the two mothers have grown close. the two teens went up to Jimin's room.

Once they were in the room, Taehyung grabed Jimim and fell into the bed. Pulling the boy on top of him.

"I missed you so so much, you Don't even know." Taehyung whispered out, putting one hand on the small of Jimin's back and the other tangled back in his hair, holding the boy close. In truth it wasn't close enough considering the two boys had missed each others skin ship for a whole week.

"I miss you too, Tae." Jimin giggled, resting his head on the other boy's chest.

Yeah, but I love you Taehyung thought. Once again, he would never say it out loud, but Little did he know Jimin was thinking the same thing.

Then Taehyung remembered that he had something important to tell Jimin, and the only thing he could do is hope the smaller boy doesn't hate him.

"Hey, Chim?"

"Yeah, Tae?"

"If I tell you something do you promise not to get mad?" He asked.

"Well it depends on what the thing is..." Jimin tells him as he gets up to sit up on the older boy's lap.

He let out a breath before saying, "well me and the guys were talking...and, you know how we're all turning 18 next year right?"

Jimin's face pales at his words, because he knew were this was going and he doesn't like it. Regardless, he nods his head yes.

"Well... we were talking, and we thought that... maybe.....we wanted to join the kings ar-"

"No."

"Chim, I know you don't want me to but-"

"N-No Taehyung! I've lost to much because of that st-stupid army, and I will NOT lose yo-you too!" Jimin stutters out as he stands up, absent-mindedly his hands pull on his hair, something he tends to do when he's mad or stressed. Which he is probably both.

Taehyung got up off the bed and steped toward other small teen, but he steps back away from him.

"Jimin, please, if it's really that big a deal to you, I won't go. But please understand, my dad died trying to protect this kingdom, so did yours. It something that they believed was worth fighting for, and so do I."

Jimin, droped his hands. He said absolutely nothing, but looked at the floor. Knowing that if he made eye contact with Taehyung he'd either break down and cry or break him.

"Chim, please say something." Taehyung pleaded. He didn't want to hurt him, but he truly just wanted to help the kingdom as best he could.

"I-I-I J-Just.....please Tae. I n-need you. Please d-don't." The boy whispered out as fresh tears ran down his face. The sight broke the dark haired boy's heart, and he ran to him and held him in a tight embrace.

"Baby, I know, I know, I'm sorry for bringing it up. I just want to tell you. I thought you should know." The boy says, but Jimin doesn't reply.

"Jimin, look at me, please." Taehyung says as he places a hand on the boy's cheek, they make eye contact, and he continues talking, "please understand that I would never try to hurt you. If me going to the army hurts you this much, then I won't do it, and-"

"But I shouldn't control your decisions, Taehyung. If you want to join the army then go. I don't care" Jimin spat bitterly through his sobs. not meaning a word he said. Still, his words hit Taehyung like an arrow to the lungs, and he couldn't breathe for a second.

"Chim, don't say that. you control everything I do, and you have since I met you. 6 years ago I told I would keep you safe, from the things you were scared of, but you aren't scared anymore. There is nothing to protect you from here, the threat is the rebel army. I'm doing this for you! I love you! I would do anything for you." Taehyung got caught up in his emotions, and before he realized it, the secret was out. A surprised look on Jimin's face.

They just looked at each other. Not knowing what to say. Jimin was confused, not sure how to process the boys confession. While Taehyung was scared out of his mind, afraid of rejection. Eventually he couldn't take it anymore. Jimin clearly wasn't going to say anything anytime soon, so Taehyung leaned in. Placing his lips on the other boys, and There were sparks, and it felt so right.

But Jimin didn't move.

Taehyung pulled away, only to be met with a look of confusion, shock, and something that almost looked like fear.

'Fuck. I blew it.' Taehyung thought to himself, and it felt like the sky was falling down on top of him.

"I- um-I should uh...go" he stuttered as he pushed past Jimin just in time for the tear to start flowing down his face. Leaving the boy alone in his room thinking, and that can be dangerous.

What just happened? He loves me? Since when!? Why did he kiss me? Wait, that's a stupid question, he said he loves me. Why didn't l kiss him back? Do I love him? Yes! I mean yeah I was caught off guard, but stll. Why didn't I stop him from leaving? God, I'm stupid. There's nothing to love about me. I need to talk to him. Where did he go?

But he already knew the answer to that too.

So he ran out the door, to the place only him and Taehyung knew.

Their get away place.

When he got to meadow, he saw Taehyung by the stream, sitting on the drift wood they carved their names into last year.

"Tae?" He called as he walked up.

When he was closer he saw the boys shoulders shaking, and knew he was crying. "Taehyung? Are you ok?" He asked as he sat on the log with his legs on either side of it, looking right at Taehyung as he waited for an answer.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Sorry about that." He says with a shaky voice, as he wipes his eyes.

"About what?" Jimin asked. What does he have to be sorry for?

"For screwing everything up back there." He says with a humorless laugh.

"Taehyung, you didn't-"

"YES I DID! it's obvious you don't feel the same." He mumbled the last part.

"Tae, you left before I could say anything." he sighs.

"But you didn't kiss me back! I don't-"  he was cut off....with another kiss. It took Taehyung a moment to realize what was happening and register the soft lips against his, but once he did he kissed back. To say it was magical would be an understatement.

After a few seconds they pulled back, but don't open their eyes. Instead they press their foreheads together.

"I love you, Kim Taehyung. "

And that's all it took for Taehyung to break out into the biggest grin ever. Not sure if he believes what he heard, but decides to go with it.

"I love you too, baby. "