Chapter .24

Rhett's POV:

I don't even know what to do anymore. My feelings for Audrey haven't gotten any better. They've jsut gotten stronger. And it's kinda starting to piss me off. I mean, I can't tell her that I like her, she's dating someone. Sure, she said they fight all the time and she feels closer to me than him and she doesn't really feel much for him like she used to but I just... I can't bring myself to be the thing that breaks them off. And I don't think Audrey likes me. How could she? She thinks I'm seriously dating Morgan. Of course, I haven't told her that I don't even have any interest in Morgan but still.

Brian keeps telling me to just tell her. And each time I don't. Because I can't. I just can't.

"Blake!" Audrey yelled beside me, standing up and smirking. I looked over, grunting when Blake walked over to her and kissed her. I rolled my eyes. I mean I know she doesn't feel like that but she doesn't have to act like that.

Audrey and Blake sat down beside each other, softly talking. Brian smirked and raise an eyebrow at me from across the lunch table. I flipped him off.

"Rhett!" I sighed and cursed under my breath. Here comes Thotomus Prime. "Sup Morgan." She giggles and sits on my lap, kissing me quickly. I kiss her back emotionlessly. This was how it was almost everyday. Except sometimes Blake wouldn't come, and sometime Morgan wouldn't be at school. But rarely is it just me and Audrey with our friends.

"Alright guys so here's the deal," Audrey smirks, leaning in the middle of the table. I smile at her. She's so amazing...

"So there's this huge fair in two weeks and Blake has enough tickets... So we're going to the fair guys!"

Everyone freaked out. But I wasn't. I didn't want Morgan coming. Nor Blake. Wouldn't Audrey have figured that? I would want to spend that time with her... Not Morgan. Because I know if Blake will be there then she will go with him... Just so that nobody knows that their relationship is shit. Which is stupid as fuck.

"Rhett that will be so fun! We can finally go on a date!" I laugh and nod. "Sure doll, whatever you say." Audrey rolls her eyes at me and looks over at Caroline. She knows I don't want to go to this... So why is she doing this?

×××

"Dammit!" I screamed, slamming the roof door shut. Well now I'm screwed. Audrey expects everyone to be there! I can't believe this. I need a fucking smoke.

I pull out a cigarette and a lighter, lighting it and puffing out smoke. This is so stupid.

"Oh, um, I thought I heard someone up here." I hear a shy, soft voice from behind me. I turn around and see a red head walk through the door. She had a small, simple, innocent face. She wore a small floral dress that stopped right above her knees. She was cute, but nothing compared to Audrey. But... I've never seen her before. And I know everyone in this school.

I furrow my eyebrows, pulling my cigarette out in between my index finger and middle. I nod upwards once. "Who the hell are you?"

She keeps her arms to herself, pushing a piece of hair behind her ear. "L-Lina... What ab-b-bout you?"

I knew I had an effect on girls but this is ridiculous. I don't want an effect on anyone but Audrey. I sigh and look away, putting the cigarette back in my mouth. "I'm sure you already know,"

It was quiet. This girl is so shy and innocent. It's like the girls I used to go after, breaking their hearts after I slept with them. I wanted to laugh at myself.

I looked over at her. "Why are you up here?" She won't look me in the eye. Just up towards me chin. She kept her head low, so her long red hair dangled into her face. "I-I heard someone sl-slam the door shut s-so I came to see what it w-was."

I nodded. "Well now that you have seen what it is, you can leave." She nods and slowly turns around.

But then I get an idea, and I smirk, throwing my ciggerete down and stomping it with my feet. I walk over and grab the girls arm before she can leave. "Wait," I roll my lip ring around and pull out an old napkin from my back pocket, along with a pen. I write down my number and give it to her, winking. "Call me sometime, doll."

She swoons and I feel a moment of pride.

I haven't lost my touch one bit.

×××

Lina's pov:

I've been freaking out all day. The cutest guy in school gave me his number! And I've been texting him all evening! He's so much nicer than people say he is! He always complements me and sends winkie faces and I have never been so happy! I think he might like me! I mean I know I like him.... I know it's the first day but I've already learned so much about him. Like he loves church, and his mother and father always take him. His mom is pregnant with his little sister. And his dog is his best friend and it's adorable. How could someone be so perfect?! And like me?!

It's so amazing....

Ding!

I jump up and grab my phone, thankful it's another text from Rhett.

Crush💕:

So I've got a question 😏

Lina:

What is it?

Crush💕:

Would u like 2 go on a date tomorrow after school?😉😏

I felt like passing out. My crush just asked me on a date! No way! Oh my gosh my dad is going to be so shocked!

Lina:

Of course! I would love that! XD😄

Crush💕:

Great, I'll pick U up at 6. Just text me your address.
I quickly texted my address to him while smiling. Sure, he has a girlfriend. But didn't Harley say he doesn't even like her? Plus, Rhett told me it wasn't like what everyone thinks. They aren't actually dating. They're just close.

I was so happy, that I didn't stop smiling until I went to bed.

×××

Ooooooo Rhett's up to no good now ladies and gentlemen. Poor Lina. She's so innocent!

Anywho, don't forget to vote and comment! I love you guys!