Power

"I have to go. I'll be back later today." Pan said as he made his way towards the door.
"I'm assuming you're meeting with Rumple again," I said sourly.
He sighed with his back still towards me,
"Yes, I am."
"Pan don't do it! Don't kill someone, I told you I have another way. A way where you can finally be free from this...this darkness."'
He turned,
"What?"
"I'm going to get the quill and write you back to life, but without the dark magic, just you...just you and me. Just us...but I need to find a portal out of here."
"You can't write me without the dark magic."
"Yes I can, I'm the...an author."
"Well, you can but you shouldn't."
"And why is that?"
"How am I supposed to protect you without my powers?"
"Why would I need protecting if it's just you and me? Is this really about protection? Or is this about power?"
He looked at the floor, not daring to look me in the eyes,
"I have to go."
Before I could say or do anything, he vanished in a cloud of smoke.

                                  ********

I sat in the dimly lit library and continued to skim books for information on portals. Apparently they were next to impossible to open if you didn't have an extreme amount of magic (even beyond Pan's powers) or a powerful item.
I jumped at the sound of the front doors opening and whipped my head back to see Henry.
"You scared me," I said catching my breath.
"Oh, sorry. I came here to tell you about the portal."
A portal? Had something actually convenient happened?
"Portal? There's a portal?"
"Yeah it's opening later this afternoon, but for a short amount of time. You're gonna want to get there as soon as possible."
"Okay, thanks Henry."
"No problem. Did you find another way to get Pan back?"
I decided not to tell him that I knew where the quill was,
"Um, no...I didn't."
"I'm really sorry ___."
"Yeah, I am too Henry."
He gave a bittersweet smile and left, leaving me alone with my masked joy. All that was left was to go through the portal, take the quill from Violet, and bring back Pan from the Underworld.
I teleported back to the apartment, and Pan was there in the middle of the room.
"I'm sorry," Pan said looking deep into my eyes.
"What do you mean?"
"Rumple found a heart for me."
I looked at him disgusted,
"You actually went through with it and killed someone? Who was it?!"
"I'm honestly not sure, but we can be together now. Like we've always wanted..."
My stomach dropped and for once I felt scared around him. I stood up,
"Well...maybe it's not what I want anymore."
He looked at me,
"What are you saying?"
"I'm saying that you were...are so obsessed with power, that you aren't even willing to give it up for me! For us!"
"It was for us!" He said frowning.
I turned around and headed for the door. With my fingertips on the knob and not enough courage to look at his face, I said softly,
"The portal is opening soon, I better leave."
He spoke quickly, and by the tone of his voice, it almost sounded as if he was...crying,
"Don't go...I'm sorry. I can't control myself anymore. This...this power goes to my head and I can't control it. I need you...I just want to be with you."
A tears welded up in my eyes but I refused to let them fall as I turned the knob and walked away...

Author's Note:
Don't worry this is NOT the ending! You wouldn't think I'd end the book with your heart broken like this would you?? There's still about two or three parts coming your way, so be on the lookout for the final parts of the story! Again thanks for the votes and comments and I'll see you in the final parts!